.hack// [The World] (OOC)

Discussion in 'Out-of-Character' started by Haseyo, Dec 9, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Haseyo

Haseyo Active Member

Local Time:
    4:48 PM
    As the title says. Any questions or things anyone wishes to discuss will take place here.
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    I'll consider joining as Crim if you'd have me. I've never played any of the games though, so I'm not really sure what's expected with combat. But I think my natural personality is close to Crim, so if I can go canon I'll choose him :).

Also, is the setting going to take place at a certain time, or is it all going to be made up? Meaning that you can't have Haseo and sora in the same game at the same time and shugo and Reyna weren't around during the black rose and kite saga. In fact from my understanding black rose and kite left the game and their avatars were retired (part of the legend of the twilight story). I just ask because if no one takes up lady suburu or silver knight I could just say Crim has just returned from another break from the world to see many of his friends have started their own break or left completely.
  3. Orion

Orion Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    What I would like to know is your roleplay character sheet. The level (in-game) do you mean to make up a level or the level inside this game? As for skills since I don't know a single skill anything has here should I make them up or? How many skills do we have?
  4. Haseyo

Haseyo Active Member

Local Time:
    To simplify it, we're just going to make it up I suppose. That's what I tend to do when it comes to .Hack// roleplays and just make up your own verses so it doesn't get overly complicated. Everything normally sorts out when you just roll with it in my experience. (man .Hack can be complicated huh?) Anyway, go right on ahead! If we run into any troubles along the way, we'll discuss it here and sort something out.
  5. Haseyo

Haseyo Active Member

Local Time:
    oh no problem! Normally in The World (I know for G.U. at least) there's a 150 level cap, the ones being over 100 in the top ranking sort of deal. So you can make it whatever you like as long as it doesn't go over 150 (I should probably go clarify that actually. I'm just a big .Hack nerd when it comes to GU so I forgot others probably wouldn't know that) As for skills, its not that big of an issue at all so just make up whatever skills you like. Skills can get swapped out a lot so there isn't really a limit on how many you can have.
  6. Orion

Local Time:
    Alright thanks for the info that's all I needed to know to make up my rp character xD wonder what you have planned though :D
  7. Haseyo

Haseyo Active Member

Local Time:
    It's The World my friend! Anything can happen! : D
  8. Orion

Local Time:
    Such a cheap phrase used so much :D yet i'm expecting a lot :p
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I was wondering if I could make my own side story line. I would be in the game and so Crim could interact with your characters and help you out, and he could seek you. But I was thinking of running a Crimson Knights story. With Haseo being in the game, I see this setting as in the future, far from SIGN times, and Crim will have been on a 2 year break from the game. In that time, leadership changed hands many times of the Crimson Knights until they finally were granted a higher authority in the game and kind of turned into a Judge Dredd type system (They are the law). When Crim enters back in, he runs into them and his casual attitude lands him in trouble with trying to talk to them when they are on "Official Business." The back story would be that they have been granted basically the power to do anything they want to keep hackers and modders out of the game and to prevent another Key of the Twilight issue from coming up. (Someone thinks those issues comes from hackers and modders) So it will be Crim's eventual goal to regain the reigns of the Crimson Knights to steer them back into what they were formed to do, or to disband them because they have grown into a monster.

Anyway, that is my idea anyway. I just wanted to post it here in the open though so if we do go with it, people know they are around and can interact with the CK in a way that makes them look like power hungry bullies.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  10. Haseyo

Haseyo Active Member

Local Time:
    oh wow, that actually sounds really interesting! Haseo isn't one to keep up with rumors boards and the news so he wouldn't have much of an idea of what's going on either. That would definitely be fun to roleplay. (Especially since Haseo is older Sora and would probably get on Crim's nerves) I like the idea, so feel free to do whatever you like my friend.
  11. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I just read up on the Crimson Knights and Cobalt Knights. I didnt know it was the Cobalt Knights that deleted Silver Knight's character in Legend of the Twilight. (I didnt even know there was a Cobalt Knights because I didnt play the games and apparently never heard them named in LotT).

I often go a little overboard with back story and origins because I love them so much (but hate typing and retyping and editing). But In the next couple weeks, you can expect me to make an appearance should I be able to find the time.

Things to note, The Crimson Knights were disbanded in SIGN. Silver Knight tried to keep them going but lost a lot of support and in the end learned the lesson that Crim had been preaching all along. In LotT, before he was deleted, he even spoke of this message. The Cobalt Knights were actually led by system administrators, and over time just became the Admins henchmen. They had more powers then the CrKs, and heavily abused them. The former leader was even accused to be the cause of the original Twilight incident. (And when the CoKs were reformed under a new Admin, another Twilight Incident happened with Shugo!)

So, in your game, the Cobalt Knights are banned, as is any Admin from running an official guild like it. The Crimson Knights will have been reformed (I dont know by who just yet, still thinking of how I want to play that. Considering having it be the original Admin for the Cobalt Knights using an alias). But they will have leadership separate of CC Corp, and they will not be given direct orders from CC Corp or its admins, but they will assist them more now. They will be given a lot of powers, and will basically be the police of the system. But of course power corrupts, and without Suburu and Crim to keep the team's ideals level, the current leadership (who will be different then who reformed the CrK and who got them their current powers) will encourage the bullying behavior.

What do you think? lol, too much? Oh and are you planning on making another Twilight Incident? Because that would fit in perfectly with this.
  12. Orion

Local Time:
    Either way it sounds good. Whether it's in or works with the plot or even becomes the main plot, it's all up to Haseyo.
  13. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    Balmung is tempting me -_- but so is Kuhn, Silabus, Antares, Bear etc.
  14. Orion

Local Time:
    Take your pick and join in I suppose I'm sure we need more people anyway if you wanna go whichever I'm sure Haseyo will adjust for it or something though not sure how it will sit with Crim's plan
  15. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Bear would be awesome! Watching some SIGN now to help Sieg out with some things, and the part where Bear first meets Tsukasa. A newb helper would be perfect for yous! Balmung is always shown to OP. Although I know you'd play him better then most, I think he should be amoung the unplayable characters. Mainly because I think in Twilight he is actually working for CC Corp and becomes admin. I just think it would be more fun if we were all regular characters.

Is Kuhn the guy with the eye patch that trains Shugo in Twilight? Because he reminds me of your other RP drawing that you are currently using. Maybe you could be him, or an original character too.
  16. Orion

Local Time:
    While he is indeed System Admin he's more against than work for. The guy with the eye patch is Sanjuro. Though I think Balmung lost his System Admin privileges not sure if he ever got them back though.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  17. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    Kuhn is from G.U he is Sieg from IMOQ he was practically a descendant of Fianna.

I really want to RP as Bear..but I also want to RP as my own Char.
  18. Haseyo

Haseyo Active Member

Local Time:
    Oh, A Silabus would be great! (*coughs* Silabus is one of my favorites) Of course I'm more biased towards GU, but any of the others would be neat as well.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  19. Haseyo

Haseyo Active Member

Local Time:
    Also, Crim I really like your idea. Whenever we get things rolling I'd definitely like it if we could implement it into the roleplay.
  20. Orion

Local Time:
    What I want to know is what sort of appetizers will we have at this role-playing fun of "The World"