Greetings, any musicians out there?

Discussion in 'Neko's Tavern' started by Bambi, Dec 13, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    6:42 PM
    I love taverns, lets form a band and jam! I got a jazzmaster guitar and a super clean amp, a JC-120. It's the same one used by the smiths and the clash, super bight and jangaly. My pedal set up is on the wilder side; there's a basic overdrive, then a fuzz factory, cluster flux, and a reverb that can take you places spiritually. Looking for talent, everyone is welcome to try out for the guild. Call me Bambi, I'm new :]
  2. thegoldenjackal

thegoldenjackal Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:42 PM
    i dont know half of what you said but i think you have a great idea. what if they had an in game tavern that played local gamers music in it! i think that would be so cool and unique!
    Bambi likes this.
  3. Bambi

Local Time:
    Exactly, this game has always been a dream of mine and the fact that you can submit your talents to the developers opens so many doors.
  4. ragexbeat

ragexbeat Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I'm a bassist...but not a very good one. Like at all.
  5. Extian

Extian Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I have always wanted to play an instrument...I've always like funk and jazz, so maybe the bass guitar or the trumpet..maybe even the saxophone(the world's sexiest instrument).
  6. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I play piano, and am currently learning so play guitar.
  7. kungfuboom

kungfuboom Monster Maker! Senior Member

Local Time:
    Curently learning and failing at learning to play the Cello T.T.... get back to me in 2 years maybe I will be decent
  8. Bambi

Local Time:
    If anyone wants to do a skype jam things could get interesting.. I don't even know if this would be possible, but how many people can you add to a call?
  9. Bambi

Local Time:
    That's perfect, you're our punk rock bassist.
    Defiantly the saxophone, the chicks dig it.
    Dude throw in a few analog synths to your rig and you'll be ready to rock.
    Naw man, you're our new punk rock cellist.
  10. Suraku

Suraku Member

Local Time:
    skype tends to have lag, caused naturally by the ping between the users, nobody would be perfectly timed, sadly.

Hell, if anyone wants to contact me out of here though, i really don't care if people add me. SurakuTheFox is my skype.
  11. Wiseman

Wiseman Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    I'm primarily a bass clarinetist, but I also play tenor sax.
  12. thegoldenjackal

Local Time:
    heres a concept drawing of an in game neckos tavern that im thinking of. it would be an awsome place for your guys music could be played. [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL[​IMG]

I want to also draw and show you guys and anyone who joins your band. and then show the whole thing to the directors.
    so can you show me ideas of how you guys would want to look like on the stadge and you instuments too. ill try to make it look like hacksign style. it can be drawing, picture or you can even write a disciption.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Taltiana, Seffi and Bambi like this.
  13. Extian

Extian Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Guys...quit drawing...you make me realize how bad I am...:(.
  14. Bambi

Local Time:
    Tavern.jpg

Here's a sketch of instrument ideas. A conch shell (pretty self explanatory wind instrument) and a wavemaster wand/long arm spear harp?
    thegoldenjackal likes this.
  15. thegoldenjackal

Local Time:
    wow your a pritty good drawer yourself! so you want your istuments on stage to be one of those? or the base guitar looking like one of those? ill try doing all three.
  16. Bambi

Local Time:
    Ah maaan... there has to be a way for us ally nekos to jam via internet. The internet has everything, we must find it!
    The band is going to need the suave cool guy, you are that guy.

Awe keep practicing. You can always get into abstraction. I personally think it's more creative than drawing from life. It's all I did my entire painting semester.
  17. Bambi

Local Time:
    Oh shucks man, you can draw whatever. I just posted those to spark some inspiration.
  18. Krescent

Krescent Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I started learning this song last week, and I still need practice.

As you can see I mess up quite a bit, so don't be shy and post those skills!

The video... what is wrong with the video O.O
    thegoldenjackal and Bambi like this.
  19. thegoldenjackal

Local Time:
    pshhhhhtt you still need to practice? if every one is half as good as you are we will an awsome band here.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL[​IMG]I tried to keep the same curves you used on the staff one for your guitar.
    Bambi likes this.
  20. Mogack

Mogack Active Member

Local Time:
    3:42 PM
    Well this sounds interesting. If you need an extra guitar player, come call me. I can sing also (although my voice isn't so refined as my other talents). If needed, I know how to play the Ukulele as well.