Game's Road Map

Discussion in 'Progress Updates' started by Keramory, Nov 20, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    11:34 PM
    I'm at work, and luckily have a bit of free time. As such I've been answering questions and lurking the forums...and I've noticed not alot of people know what is going on. Which is fine, I'm rarely aware of what's going on in my new relationship, so I understand the confusion. Alot of confusion. I...should probably text her instead of doing this...
    I won't though, so no worries!

So as the indiegogo suggests, theres a few reasons why we need funding. Those reasons are the bulk of what we are focusing on first.

Let's focus on what any video game needs, including ours:

- Characters with customization with their Basic Classes
    - A Root Town
    - Some monsters
    - A few dungeons
    - Proper animations for characters and monsters
    - Battle System
    - A lost ground or two
    - A secret or two (of course :p)
    - Quests
    - Test "Phase" battle (we'll make it Panic's for .hack lore)

This is what we're focusing on first. Quite frankly it can be a blank canvas of a game, but as long as it has these features we are set. The goal is to expand of course, but I know to many of our old TW fans from CC's days, many are very content of chatting with others and looking at beautiful scenes with great music to pass the times.
    We want this! With this we can expand onto much more! More Root Towns, advanced classes, further monsters, storyline, ect.

Once we have these basic things, that's when a real alpha will begin. To me, this game is not our intent of the game until we are on 3d terms with what the 2d TW game was for its first few years. After all, thats what the majority of our old community dreamed of.... a .hack like game run by us, the community.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask! If I missed anything Siegfre will be more then happy to answer.
    karashe, flamedog, Asani and 4 others like this.
  2. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    2:34 AM
    Hey Keramory, love where you guys are taking this! Thanks to your guys bold move into making this real, it allowed the project I am part of to come into being. We are doing a dot hack minecraft server based off the games and are about to open up our Delta server with completely finished fields and Mac Anu. We all love this project and can't wait to see where it goes in the future! If you guys wanna check out our project, our website is www.altimitmine.us
  3. Asani

Asani Well-Known Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Thanks for the breakdown! I'm excited to see The World really come to life. It's awesome how yesterday when i logged in I could go to Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground, and today I can see the next root town. I enjoy the aesthetics, but I'm looking forward to actual combat!

Included in the basics, I'm guessing things such as Grunty Food will not be scattered around the dungeons? I'm curious about how this will grow.
    Viscro and Mattimao1239 like this.
  4. Laurayne

Laurayne Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I Think A Good Aspect Would Be That We Keep It To 1 or 2 Root Towns At Launch, And Add More Either When An Event Is Completed Or A Content Update Is Ready. This Might Relieve A Little Stress On Area Creation Until After The Beta.
  5. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Nya, in Mabinogi, there was a goddess of the Dungeons, who never let the foul horrors reach the grounds above, and to keep the souls of the living above. x3 Nya, but I was thinking more of the thought that it could be somewhat biblical and the dungeon-seekers be fed by a substance, like the lost hebrews, Moses' people, in the desert when God fed them with mana(manna;speculative). I looked into it and it seems that many agree that they must have been bluish mushrooms, or perhaps the color I made up in my mind(sorry, I`m forgetful today. ^^`). Doesn`t it seem appropriate for there to be factions towards either two godly sisters, and in the light, a substance and food, is the good sister's, and at night, or in particularly dark places, the fruit could lead the players astray towards darkness, on a new type a quest to do so, or to try to make it back to the light. x3 Nya, if anyone can follow that idea totally, then we can kick it up a notch by making the dark fruit like fabled troll food: irresistable and all else tastes like dirt in comparison, thus the light fruit, instead of purifying them, it reacts as a poison. There's a more complicated way... ;P
  6. Laurayne

Local Time:
    I Read All That twice And Couldn't Understand What The Hell You Were Talking about. lol
  7. Sacriel

Sacriel Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    I need whatever 'shrooms you're on. That's some good shit.
    Mattimao1239 and Cerberuspaw like this.
  8. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    lol I`m sorry. x3 Whenever I get excited, everything seems to run together....

What I meant is that in solving the problem with oddly scattered chunks of grunty meat in the dungeons, that instead, it could be like the goddesses feed their children, like as God of the bible had fed his children with mana. :p The huge paragraph there was just telling specifics and maybe a quest line starting up with it. o3o What does everyone think?
  9. Laurayne

Local Time:
    I Have No Idea Where Your Coming From Friend... Chunks Of Grunty Meat Scattered Through Dungeons?? Sounds Like .Hack//SilentHill lmao
    Signas, Cerberuspaw and Crim like this.
  10. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Welp, cant wait to see what happens from here on out. Heres to the future!
  11. Asani

Asani Well-Known Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I think what was meant to be said was in relation to my post. That the way grunty foods such as the bloody egg and oh-no melons be distributed based on field types and some how effect the players character alignment? @_@
    MoogleMorphosis likes this.
  12. Laurayne

Local Time:
    See? That Makes More Sense. Why Couldn't He Say it In Simple Terms? lol
  13. MoogleMorphosis

Local Time:
    Hey, I did, didn`t I? xD And yesh, in some ways, I guess it would affect the alignment, but its pretty much saying that in some areas, I`d think the light fruit grows in a few pastures, or where light somehow shines within the dungeons. x3 Any ideas?
  14. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Grunties won't be in the final version of the game, but there will be another type/other types of pet(s) in its place.
    Whatever they decide in the end.