Game/Fantasy World Questions/Comments/General Musings

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Lunex, Aug 11, 2018.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    Let's talk about levels again. Now sadly, what we already discussed about levels has been lost in shoutbox (unless somehow Sieg came around and was able to dig through messages to find this topic in archives) but I feel we can still discuss this topic now without them.

My question now is about: what level separates normies from the elite? And what separates them from the superhuman? Even if I take @calmchaos 's point about skill levels being separate from overall level, I think we can find ways to determine what range normal humans and above might fit under. Now, since their can be 100 different level ranges depending on games, this might be difficult. So for simplicity, let's assume a standard 1-99 range.

I'm gonna say for normal people, 1-20 would be a good range. Maybe you've polished yourself up a tiny bit, maybe you can still improve, but the point is, you're not really outstanding enough that it draws attention.

For elites, I'll say 21-39. They've obviously polished themselves to a point where they can hold their heads up high, and stand out among the masses. Through constant training and improvement, they can take themselves to the limits of human ability. You might call these geniuses even.

Now all that leaves is superhuman levels, meaning they take up 40-99. A wide range, no? Well, my reasoning is that the greater the feats, the more superhuman they are. Some can fight for days without break or slowing, some can challenge the gods or devils with their skills and win, and some might even become indistinguishable from such beings. As such, I wanted to leave a lot of wiggle room in order to properly pin down the different feat-ableness within the superhuman levels.

Thoughts, addendums, arguments?
  2. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    I'd love to go more in-depth at current, but I need to run some errands, for now I'd like to bring up a leveling system from Overlord - youtube com/watch?v=pEEi35hjO8E

Or more so in the fact that while you have your base level, it's not made up of a single type of "level"... now maybe not have it broken up between class and race levels, but more so on class levels. Or in this maybe have skill levels equaling part or all of your total level. Like take a look at this (light spoiler for stats and that a character exists in season 2 of overlord. Their overall power comes from a combination of their skills ranked in levels along to form a total level
  3. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:44 PM
    I think it'd be better to work from the extreme level ranges inward. So 90-99 would be reserved for beings as powerful as a deity (world enders), and 1-9 would be for your normal, average, everyday human and weak monsters and animals.

From there, experienced humans and creatures would fall in 10-19, and this is where I would put the normal range for other races such as elves and dwarves. Near godlike creatures would be 80-90 (think godzilla, aka continent enders).

Then in 20-29, I would put the truly talented and gifted humans, geniuses like you said, elites even. As well as this being the experienced range for other races and monsters. At this range, you would have the people capable of altering the course of a war between nations. On the opposite end, 70-79 would be the level for demi-gods and beings such as upper ranking angels and demons, essentially those that could single-handedly end a nation.

For 30-39, I would place the absolute strongest humans that exist, humans that are on the verge of no longer even being human. This is the range for the talented from other races, so a human here is a true feat. This is the point where a single individual can alter the course of history, say the people you hear in legends. 60-69 is where I would place lower ranking monsters of a high class, such as weak dragons, angels, etc... Beings that could destroy a small nation but only be capable of severe damage to large one.

40-49 is where the legends of the other races reside. Anything from this point on is not human, even if it started out as such. This is where elite monsters reside, say an ogre that's slain thousands of enemies, a walking calamity capable of destruction in a localized area. 50-59 is a break point. This is where monsters become legends; things like the Goblin King exist. Named monsters. But it's also where the very weakest of the upper ranking races are. Say the very weakest wyrm or demon would be at least this powerful at maturity.

In my opinion, it puts things into perspective to work from both ends inward, and I wouldn't give humans so much leeway in a 99 level system so long as other races exist. Humans are generally regarded for their relentlessness and adaptability as opposed to raw stats.

The ranges I have above also translate into a single number system from 1-9, wherein if you were to add a 10 it could only be something to the tune of cthulhu, an incomprehensible being of unimaginable power.
  4. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:44 PM
    Well from what I've seen
    1-7 are average people
    8-13 are people with training(not necessarily skilled but trained)
    14-21 are soldiers or combat centered training
    22-30 are elites or generals, approaching superhuman powerhouses. They're strength still falls within a range that could still be 'human'
    31-40 These are limitbreakers. The few that have started showing "shonen levels" of power, Things like breaking the sound barrier or flickering(that cool ability where movement surpasses the human eyes ability to process.
    41-50 Heroes/Demon generals. Not necessarily the hero but those who could take up the mantle.
    51-57 Preawakeners. Heroes that are maxing the potential before divine interference.
    58-60 World Limit. Most worlds don't have people walking around stronger than this when on a 99 scale. Its a soft cap of sorts the world seems to enforce to prevent its own destruction, anyone who exceeds this limit was granted it by the world or has shown perseverance and unbreakable will. Likely putting their lives on the line in insane and unconventional ways.

---

61-70 "Hero"/Demon Lord, This is the threshold which dictates protagonist level strengths
    71-75 EX. The individuals who convert the power they've gained into their personal weapon
    76-85. Ascendants/Divine. Threshold for pre-god territory.
    86-90. Demi-god. Can harm a god without outside interference but not necessarily strong enough to kill one
    91-95. God Domain. Could be considered a god.
    96-98.Harbinger, These guys can't even step into the worlds plain without shattering it accidentally. Always fighting at arbitray percentages to avoid pissing off the guys who don't wear levels.
    99. World Law Hard cap. They either break through here destroying the world or leave the realm. Either that or they store this power for plot related reasons to try to live a normal life.