Game Book

Discussion in 'Mechanics and Design' started by Aryth, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    9:24 AM
    I imagine at some point we'll have to compile all of this information into a book format, so that it's not everywhere and we have something to reference as these concepts come together. I wouldn't mind doing it, I'm used to writing book length things with LaTeX formatting.

It's better to start early so that I can catch up and add to it as we all go along.
    DAF likes this.
  2. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    Thats cool. I think we should wait a bit though until our concepts are a bit more...solid however.
  3. Kazuki

Kazuki Active Member

Local Time:
    10:24 AM
    I think we should wait until after we have more than enough data to put on it. Specifically art-wise. I mean, I've only managed sketch-work so far and I've yet to do line-arts or color work. So until we have it all done and grouped accordingly, we should probably wait.
  4. Aryth

Local Time:
    Well, I think you're misunderstanding me. If I put all of the current information into it, and structure it. Anything that changes is really easy to change, and anything we add, is really easy to add. It will take significantly more time if I wait several months because I'll have to fish it out from all over the forums (mainly here, though), and that's assuming that there isn't any information that's not posted.
  5. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    I'd say make the book, keep it updated & formatted. We'll call it "Dev Team Guide to Shit We Forgot".
  6. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    ...That is an amazing title.

I get what you ment and its fine if you want too. I was only suggesting a little bit of a wait (a week or two not months) until we can all sit together and define more strongly some of the core concepts and changes.
  7. axlsjolund

Local Time:
    We don't need to wait though, because when ideas change he's going to update the concepts to reflect changes. He's just talking of instead of multi-threads, he makes it like an organized ebook/pdf type deal that's easy for us to look through when we need it.
  8. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Sounds good then ^.^ was jsut trying to save him from maybe some rapid changes
  9. Aryth

Local Time:
    You better believe that's what the title is going to be until it is finished.
  10. axlsjolund

Local Time:
    I'm gonna hold you to that promise.
  11. Aryth

Local Time:
    For your amusement.

Attached Files:

12. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
  13. axlsjolund

Local Time:
  14. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    Hijacking Aryth's thread. Here's the book I've been working on, feel free to tell me what's missing.

I'll keep it updated as I add more stuff and edit it.

Attached Files:

15. Aryth

Local Time:
    I'll give you some stat stuff... But really, there aren't any set definitions yet, but I know about how it's going to work at this point. I'll also work with you to finish the Guild paper that I was working on with Sai.

Also, you could afford to structure the subsections a little better. The default Table of Contents likes to number every last thing when that is really unnecessary (e.g. every part of the lore is structured). If you want I can spruce that up a little.
  16. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Yeah certainly. Just send me the email you use for sharelatex and I'll add you as an editor. I'd like to keep the nice title and such above each part of the lore though. (probably should have just used textbf and did some formatting lol)
  17. Aryth

Local Time:
    Yeah, You can keep all the titles you want. XD. We'll structure this like an actual book. Chapters with numbers, and since its small right now we don't need subsections at the moment.
  18. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time: