Feedback

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by calmchaos, Jan 2, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:22 AM
    I don't understand what you are poking at.
  2. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    I just wanted to make a pun.. but I was going for saying "we don't even have 1 up side as in not even sure if the forums will go down"
  3. 1UP

Local Time:
    Oh, I am incredibly slow today. My bad.
    Oberon likes this.
  4. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    I'll see about reaching out to Sieg today and see if I can at least ping him.

Worst case scenario if the site or some content is in jeopardy, I'll see about coming back partially to help manage things in his absence. I believe I still have the info for the hosting somewhere in my storage files from when I developed the site. I have no control over the domain itself, but I could always host the site on one of my servers as a worst case scenario.

Game server I could potentially do as well maybe, but I'll need to look at the server software first to even begin to make a guess if I could do it on current infrastructure.

Overall it shouldnt be an issue as a worst case scenario deal. I left on good terms because of work and life, and the senior devs and I get along just fine still. Well unless Kera is trying to murder me. I don't think he is at the moment, but you never know with that guy. Him and his crazy plans.
    archaicINF and SaguraKirux like this.
  5. Seryll

Seryll New Member

Local Time:
    Hi I'm new here (but I have played and the game was pretty epic last year). I re-stumbled across here trying to investigate where Siegfre was as I think he was the developer for Tamriel Online as well (https://www.reddit.com/r/TamrielOnline/) a very successful multiplayer mod for TESV Skyrim. He also went dark around November 2nd over there. At first I was just trying to see if he was active but I see even here he's been missing. So I figured I'd post something so anyone who knows how to get a hold of him can make sure he's OK and nothing is seriously wrong with him.
  6. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    *puts on tin-foil hat* If what I think has happened to Sieg is true, that he/she's been unplugged from The Matrix then we should be happy for him/her.
    TheEnigmaticLahran likes this.
  7. ZeroEnd

ZeroEnd Member

Local Time:
    So from what Im getting from this, this project is indeed dead/halted until Seigfre comes back. This is due to no one having access to the server info or configs. Does anyone have the source code for this project or is that held by Seigfre as well? If we had the source we could host our own server and work on it independently from his.
  8. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    I believe I'm the only one that ever had a copy of the source code for the game, though I could be wrong. Mine however is outdated by several years at this point.
  9. Cosmic Architect

Cosmic Architect Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    Seryll, nice find, that's where I went to see this. They say that his info has been updated here very recently, I'l look into it. Maybe he is back? :) I didn't really know him well, but he did politely respond to a question of mine, I really don't want to think they would've treated his backers like this. I'll look around a bit for him. I wish I could help more, but unless you have a use for a three year yet-unpublished game dev...? Haha.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  10. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    8:22 AM
    Yeah, I got a copy of the source code when I was doing combat tweaks. My skill was not what Sieg's is, but I was able to handle individual scripts. We began to work together for a little while until he started doing the overhaul and event stuff. My version is probably somewhere between 2.0.4 - 2.0.6, so, it's definitely not doomed per say if he doesn't come back. But it will take time for someone new to sift through this large amount of code.

I'm pretty sure I know where Sieg is at the moment, and why he suddenly vanished. For his privacy, I won't divulge where, but he will definitely be back. Whether or not he will want to continue the project after this episode is another question entirely. So, even though he pops in and out, this project is still in limbo. Please do not get unnecessarily hopeful in his return until he himself posts something or we post something on his behalf. Thanks!
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Alron Thunderdrummer likes this.
  11. 1UP

Local Time:
    Well since this was done in unity if could easily be reversed. Well the code at least, assents and the like are a different story.

Well that also only counts for the client code, not so much the server.

So if it ever came to that, it's possible.
  12. Amorouslovers.

Amorouslovers. Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I've been lurking here for awhile, waiting for an update as to what is going on with this project. I'll have to admit... it troubles me that thousands of dollars were invested in this project, and the project mine be dead, with all the money going towards the person who possibly just left the project behind.

There were no contracts involved amongst you all for this high amount of money?

Also, I understand this is a pet project.. but considering so many people have invested their hard-earned money into this game, you would think there would be periodic updates. I feel like "Life" can't really be an excuse at this point.

I'm sure he may have personal issues going on, but it's bigger than just a hobby now. When there's THAT amount of money involved. things are taken up a notch. There's liability for the fall-through of this game.
    And not by you guys, you're at least keeping us updated, but the head of it all is no where to be found. it's a scary sign for the backers.
    Rav likes this.
  13. Aryth

Local Time:
    Nope, no one was going to see a penny of the money (at least in principle), so we didn't need to sign contracts (even if we did, the common law doctrine of consideration requires that both parties give up something, and so the contract wouldn't hold as we don't get anything for this).

We know how you feel, per say, but the amount of money we got was not enough for us to uproot our lives and work on this full time. No matter how you look at it, "life" was always a possibility to slow things down. Things happen. Sometimes bad things. It's unfortunate, but that's how it goes. As for Sieg's disappearance, honestly, I don't know why he didn't tell anyone. With this much money involved, you'd think he'd mention something. Unfortunately, he didn't and we don't know why.

The head of it all has all of the money, it's up to him to keep up with things or face recourse. This is definitely the weirdest time for this project since we began.
  14. Amorouslovers.

Amorouslovers. Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:

Yeah, that makes sense. It's just an uneasy feeling. Personally, i only donated like, $40 or so for the Alpha key, but others could've done more. o.o Its reminds me of that story where the mother of a passed child started a GoFundMe to raise thousands of dollars for their funeral, but went and bought a new luxury car instead.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  15. Aryth

Local Time:

That doesn't mean I couldn't find out where he went. As far as I know, he isn't squandering the money. I may not HAVE any of the money, but I have access to the email account the PayPal is attached to, so I know how he's spending the money. I happen to have a good idea where he went, and, it doesn't really include spending money. It's a strange predicament. When he comes back we will see what happens. Until then, we are as much in the dark as you are as to WHY he did it. :S

I do appreciate that everyone has been cordial to us, so far. It means a lot.
  16. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    6:22 AM
    I was (and still am soon) going to make an announcement but I wanted to see what options I had first before making it. We recently got the source code thanks to Aryth and now its a matter of going from there. That and I was going to link Tyrials/Zaren's community and Axl's new site so people have alternatives while we fix w.e is going on, I already talked to them about that.

As for the donations comments you're 100% right. Granted as Aryth said its not like anyone could have lived on it for the game, a dream believe me...all staff have had lol. That being said people donated a lot and I do feel an obligation for that and for the loyal fan base in general. This recent problem transpiring has actually made me feel pretty guilty and for those who know me that's a rare concept for me, because between this and CC's project I feel like a failure. If this game fails I'm done with these projects.

As it's been said despite it being no excuse, Siegfre is the only one with access to the donation money. It was put that way because he was the one person I would ever trust with that money and it was his project. I don't know if I have said it publicly but I've told the staff god knows how many times now, Siegfre would be the last person to take the money and bolt. He's probably the only person from my years of CC I would make that claim about (although I trust Aryth too honestly but he wasn't apart of CC then).

Actually I found it interesting to see how many people believe I not only had access to this money but apparently stole it too. I've seen / heard that more then once >.>

Also as Aryth said we found Siegfre. I'm personally quite scared to ever try and disappear now... The issue however is he is still not replying and due to his situation might not be able to. If this is just a temporary thing that's one thing, but I would have thought he would have contacted someone about it first. That being said, not all the blame is on Siegfre on that one. Most staff have gone MIA at one point and I personally went MIA a while around the time he vanished. Between discovering long lost siblings and another brother practically getting kidnapped by my stepdad things have gotten...strange in my life... So to his defense I don't blame him either not telling me or saying f it in general. I just don't want to blame this all on the man who's not here.

In short we're scrambling to figure out what we can do from here. People have been in the dark because we too, have been in the dark for most of this. I put the staff section open for fun (although Axl told people I did it...jerk) and so people know where the project was headed in case the site / project does close. We were hush hush about a lot of the intended things for the game but at this point I don't see why we should, even if there wasn't these problems.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  17. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    As a regular member of the community, I was never really concerned that any of the staff took the money and ran. The two things I was worried about during the silence were 1. circumstances in real life that would have prevented staff from continuing on the project and 2. some sort of legal action being brought against IB. Now considering 2 of the red names have returned, I think its safe to say 2 has not occurred. And I would like to believe that if the project was impossible to continue, that the community would be informed.

With all that said, I can only see Sieg's absence as a result of something personal that needs his complete attention. I don't need to know what it is, and when he returns I won't hold a grudge. After all, I think we've all had cases of real life getting in the way of important things.
    SaguraKirux and archaicINF like this.
  18. Zhenn

Zhenn Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    This is awful, although I have not been signed in as an active member, I try to read the forums once in a while to make sure something epic has not happened. This game has been my light in the darkness for some time now. I can only hope that things will continue. I think everyone else should also keep a glass half full kinda attitude, for now atleast
  19. Aryth

Local Time:
    Well, to be fair, I believe Sieg dropped a lot of contact after 2.0.7 mainly because he had begun to work on the Skyrim mod Tamriel Online (for which he received a large amount of donations as well). It would explain the little communication we had during the latter half of last year. I was here the whole time, but Sieg usually asks me to work on things when he needs them and, though we had a few conversations before November, that never came up.

Hopefully this game can keep going after we definitively get word from him.
  20. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    Hello everyone, I'd like to let you know that I am not dead, nor have I left the project behind. For reasons I'll explain in a later announcement I haven't been around, or had reliable access to a computer for a while. Fortunately I have access now, and I'm in the process of getting all my stuff set back up so that I can get back to work on the game.

I am going over the backlog of messages and posts I've gotten since I've been gone, now. So don't be too surprised if you get a reply to an old pm.

Some small points I'd like to make:
    -I quickly suspended the donations because I was going to be unable to offer support, manage the servers, accounts, or add anything to the game while I was gone. Donations will likely return to normal once I have all my equipment set back up. This is also the reason I delayed switching to Patreon.

-If you have questions, feel free to post them here. I should be able to get to them fairly quickly now.