Feedback

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by calmchaos, Jan 2, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:23 AM
    If you have any thoughts or concerns regarding the game, the progress of the game, or anything else related to IridiumBased, please voice them here.

You may not always get a reply specifically tailored to the thoughts you voice, but each and every post will be read and mentally noted by at least one member of the staff.
  2. Alron Thunderdrummer

Alron Thunderdrummer Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:23 PM
    I want to make my assumptions clear: by suspending crowdfunding you tell me that the project is either in danger or has high potential to change a lot in concept or direction in this stage. is this off the wall wrong or not?
    AzureKite and Cerberuspaw like this.
  3. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    7:23 AM
    I didn't notice that the donations was disabled until this post. That is quite worrisome about the future of this project considering how much support this project has gotten. Please grateful devs, grace us with some light during this great shadow of silence.
  4. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Donations were disabled because the server is currently inaccessible. It'd suck if we had people continue donating their $40 in an attempt to get into the alpha when that just isn't possible right now. We can't really ask for donations without giving donaters access to what's been developed so far. That wouldn't be right.
    Alron Thunderdrummer likes this.
  5. ZeroEnd

ZeroEnd Member

Local Time:
    As I stated earlier it would be nice to have an actual post from Sig or the devs stats what the issues are and the progress of said issues instead of going completely silent for nearly an entire year. I tried messaging Seig months ago and no response so thats not a good sign either.

I do appreciate your keeping us informed but its pretty late to be playing catch-up and damage control.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    AzureKite likes this.
  6. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    Siegfre has never been one to reply to PMs unless they were from other staff members/devs. He gets plenty of spam messages or redundant questions day to day where the PM system isn't useful for him.

Silences also don't mean a dead project, or dying. Seig is a friend of mine, and I know between life and work he's been very busy overall. I've only spoken to him a handful of times in the last few years myself.

I can assure you he is probably working on the project as time allows, which for him might be severely limited. Above all this is a fan-made project by a group of people that aren't actually getting paid to do this, especially not full time. All donations thus far have been invested into the game and technology for creating it, not salaries.

I say this as a former dev and co-founder of iridium. Life can often get in the way of pet projects, and for long periods of time. It's happened to me and my projects on numerous occasions.
  7. AzureKite

Local Time:
    Yes but months of silence from all of them? Server going down for no reason stated what so ever for months before any sort of confirmation from them? I can see one or two of them vanishing for a bit but all of them?
  8. axlsjolund

Local Time:
    Keramory has been more or less AFK since before I left the team so that I understand. Aryth was busy with school for a while. The rest I have no idea.

Server going down could be alot of different things. Hardware upgrades, software rewrites, software problems, locations moves, etc.
  9. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Well keramory and aryth are on quite often. As for the server it's been taken down numerous times for various reasons some named others not. It's an expense to keep the server up when traffic through it is so extremely low.
  10. calmchaos

Local Time:
    I realize how late this is. Been trying to figure out what I can do on my end to work with everyone who is wondering what's going on, but this is pretty much the limit of what I can do as just the forum moderator.

I'm not in a position to comment on what is or is not going on in the realm of the developers, so my intent here is make sure you all know that what you say and think about the game and its progress is being seriously acknowledged.

Keep in mind, however, that this project is being maintained more similar to a hobby rather than a job, as not a single cent of donations goes into any staff member's pocket. Every member of the staff does lead a full time life either by way of school or the work force, so there will be times when the game gets an absolute crap ton of progress out of the way and times when that progress feels frozen over.

Work regarding the game is being done. It's just that nothing being worked on is in a state to be publicly released right now. Nor do I have an ETA for when any progress-related information might be released. I know the lack of updates sucks. It always sucks when the players' view of a game stagnates, but this is all I've got for you right now.
    SaguraKirux likes this.
  11. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    I've been AFK since you were staff huh >.>...
    Actually to be truthful I have been busy with work (and dying family members) the last few months this is true. As for what is going on now, the reason I have been silent is because I simply do not know where Siegfre is right now or what is going on with him. I've made several attempts to contact him via phone and everything else I can think of. The last thought in my mind is he took the money and ran because he's not like that but without him the project is in fact...dead. Even if I could program he has all of the games data/donations/donation information. All I have is models and animations. I didn't want to say this because for all I know he could come back any day.

Sorry this wasn't more helpful but the truth of the matter is I'm as very much in the dark about Siegfre's status as everyone else, which is a first. Even when he's been busy in the past he lets me know. If anyone else knows anyone else let us know.
  12. axlsjolund

Local Time:

You heard me. Haha.

I spoke with sieg within the last few months over text. He seems to be doing well enough. Last I was told he was busy with life, job, and also the project overall trying to balance his time. He didn't say anything about any project issues or delays beyond what his actual time allowed.
  13. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Surprisingly, you may have been the last of us to speak to him. Since November he has been literally impossible to reach. We know about his new job, and that it would have an impact on the speed of the project, but he has literally gone dark. The server is down (which he controls), and donations are down (again, only he knows how to access this at this point, although I'm sure you know/knew how). If the project is progressing, we are completely unsure of where the project stands at the moment. If he is working on it, it must be a complete overhaul, since he doesn't seem to need anything from us. That's not a bad thing, but it is a little weird for him to essentially vanish without a word.
  14. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Biiiittttcccchhh your afk made my afk look like I stuck my unmentionable into an Ethernet port to become one with the system.

But seriously I'm assuming worse then just busy. His phones down and his skype is always away. And again of all the years I've known him complete darkness is something I've never seen from him
    AzureKite likes this.
  15. MV1

MV1 Member

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    I had to put this in my signature.
  16. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Now that you mention it, I generally always hear back from him through PMs. I messaged him back in July when I was changing my web hosting over to IIS and that there was going to be downtime and I didn't even get a response to that which anytime I message him about hosting I always got a response.

Here is the better question. Who pays for the hosting for this website and could that be a potential issue?
  17. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    That's Sieg as well. All of the money went to him. None of the other staff saw a penny. He showed us some of the things he bought, but he controls the hosting. My guess is that he put a bit of money ahead of time into the host so that he wouldn't have to worry about paying monthly. When this runs out, however, I don't know.
  18. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well that is unfortunate. I remember a while back when I was talking to Crim about the website because it was constantly going down at one point and I was going to ask sieg if he wanted me to just host it for him.

I should have just asked him but completely forgot about it.
  19. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    So we don't even have 1up side... ? :p
  20. AzureKite

Local Time:
    giphy.gif
    Cerberuspaw likes this.