Enigma

Discussion in 'The Guild Corner' started by Silaan, Jun 3, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Silaan

Silaan Man Behind the Mask! Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:00 PM
    Enigma_zpsa1c0d0d7.png

PK, PKK, Trading... One could think there ain't anything else, but, what about the world itself? Whats with those ruins there, is Graves still alive? How did Mu Hel got build up there and what other secrets and surprises does this world have for us? If you too want to find that out than maybe join us...

So, what is this about?

The name αἴνιγμα is greek and means riddle... it can be spoken as "enigma" but due to certain reasons I decided to not write it like that.

The Idea behind this guild is more or less that of some kinda archeological or historics-based guild, meaning the purpose of this guild will be to find out anything and everything about the the Lore and solving the riddles of the world.

Why? Because I'm certain that away from constant slaughter, greed and senseless power-rising there also is a lot entertainment in understanding your surroundings, and understanding comes from knowledge first, so we gather knowledge maybe long lost, hidden in old caves, ruins and dungeons while also getting some shinys along the way...

Positions or something?

There are some, mostly due to the fact we decided to split the parts of the guild to make it easier in the future regarding decisions... we are still trying to figure out the wording for this, but if you have questions: just ask, we don't bite...

Okay, any requierments and rules?

Not many. Accepted will be anyone who is okay with three rules:

1.) While there will be some organizing jobs within the guild - since someone has to do them - everyone is equal and has exactly one voice. This also means that any decisions that regard the whole guild will be made in a democratic fashion. Also: One can only state his/her voice when he/she is there, so protests against decisions once made will be useless and ignored.

2.) Intel/Items/Knowledge/etc. that helps the quest of the guild will be shared within the guild, yet also will stay within the guild. How exactly those things are aquired is of absolutely no concern and up to ones individual conscience, also: no taxes, but donations for the guild will of course be accapted.

3.) Noone will speak for the whole guild and noone represents the guild unless said person is elected as the representative. That also means that if someone starts a private war with another guild/person he/she is on his/her own as long as it does not concearn the guild as a whole, however, asking for help won't be ignored, so ask and get some help if you need. This also means that if one of those private wars goes overhand and a not ignorable mass of the guild is part of it there will be democratic decisions over the question if it should become an all out war, and I am shure that as long as there is a understandable reason that will come out as an yes, so don't start messing for no reason.

may sound complicated at first but I am from germany... known for its bereaucracy so... yah. simple put: have fun, help each other and everyone is the same.

something extra: due to some discussion we decided that every new member becomes a trial-member at first... that lasts for about two weeks. If after the two weeks at least 2 other members are OK with you, your a full member. Also, every new member gets one of the older members as his/her/its mentor.

Now, If I have questions or want to join?

Well, you can either do so by posting here or sending a message to me (aka Silaan) or problably also just about any active member of enigma... we are ushually nice and don't bite . . .

People in the guild ordered after moment they joined (Forum-Name|(possible) Char-Name|(possible) Class|Current Block)

- Silaan | Silaan | Reaper | Data-Con
    - Superdum2 | ??? | Runecaster | Bond-Trade
    - calmchaos | Kale | Samurai | Sanction-Office
    - TheEnigmaticLahran | ??? | Thief | Gold Cypher
    - Bambi | Bambi | Wavemaster or Runegunner | Data-Con
    - Gwidhw | Gwidhw | Runecaster or Thief | Sanction-Office
    - SleepingWolf | SleepSight | WM or Blademaster |Data-Con
    - nick | Atrus | Thief or Blademaster | Researcher
    - Magistar | Athiarr | Reaper | Data-Con
    - Brijesha | ??? | ??? | ???
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:00 AM
    I am sure that if I didn't join Azure that your guild would interest me deeply :)
  3. Silaan

Local Time:
    well, I ain't am in a hurry to get members so no problem... I am happy that you would have been interested if you hadn't joined Azure already, thought.

Also, thinking about the goal of Azure and about the goal of Enigma I have the slight feeling that both guilds will meet up during some quests kinda often... hopefully in a friendly way.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  4. The_Freedom_Fellow

The_Freedom_Fellow Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    I may consider joining this one although as everyone knows I am on the fence about a million things XD
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  5. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    Yeah I hope that we can also. I think that you (as guild leader) and I will have a lot of dealings.

The funny thing is that I am an archaeologist (freelance) well I am going to school to get my doctorate for it, and I am also a history buff...so this guild is like me in real life XD

SD2 I think that after you decide on your class and name that it will help narrow down the choices. :)
  6. The_Freedom_Fellow

Local Time:
    and who knows when that will be XD
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    7:00 AM
    Tomorrow, at 3 pm your time.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  8. The_Freedom_Fellow

Local Time:
    I'm not sure I follow.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Psychic... Or psycho. Forgot which.
  10. Silaan

Local Time:
    your always welcome, especially for you seem like a nice guy...

Away from the fact that I myself obey to those rules so leadership is rather open in this case (thought, since I am the sole member at the moment it also means that I have all the votes ATM XD), I wonder what things we would have to deal with? is it because of your obsession with intel-gathering on people and guilds?
    I did read in your profile that your an archeologist... yeah, I like to read profiles, thats what they are there for.

you shouldn't say that, otherwise you will be wrong because he won't decide on purpose XD
  11. Mattimao1239

Local Time:
    My intel gathering could help. (although I really haven't updated it in a while...) I haven't checked out many profiles myself >.> yet <.<
    Silaan likes this.
  12. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    He will lie. They always do. But I will know the truth. I will know that is when he figured it all out..
    Silaan likes this.
  13. The_Freedom_Fellow

Local Time:
    To be honest he is right I will decide and act as though I am not decided for a long time :p

I figure why not as far as I know I will be the first non founder to join is there a medal or cookie for that?:p:D
  14. Silaan

Local Time:
    no medal, but I guess I could give ya a cookie...
  15. The_Freedom_Fellow

Local Time:
    works for me :)
    Silaan likes this.
  16. Silaan

Local Time:
    then just leave a message when you decided to join or whatever so I can give you the cookie... till then I will be off hunting wild cookies in the forest... or were does one get cookies again...?
    calmchaos likes this.
  17. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    You get cookies from the cookie monster of course. And they are found on candy mountain of course, along with Charlie's kidney.
    Silaan likes this.
  18. The_Freedom_Fellow

Local Time:
    Only to be obtained from the deep swamps of candy land and the highest mountains of candy land good luck you will need it those chocodiles are fierce and don't even get me started on the Yodels up their in the mountain crim was talking about good luck getting to the cookie monster through that. I hope you enjoy expired snacks :D :p
  19. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Candy mountain Charlie, ya!
  20. Silaan

Local Time:
    it is a tad ironical that - while I still am the sole member of Enigma - this topic is non the less rather active.... XD