Don't know if bug or. . .

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JCMazeFTL, Mar 11, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. JCMazeFTL

JCMazeFTL Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:54 AM
    Wait, it just said operating system is not supported, install will exit..?
  2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught Well-Known Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    11:54 AM
    Yea, I was just reading that. The discrepancy is this driver is for Win2000 and XP. OP is using Win 7.
  3. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    So..? What do I do? Am I just SOL?
  4. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    8:54 AM
    You may have to run it in compatibility mode for windows vista. As I don't think they have any drivers built for windows 7 x64. For your chipset.

This is the vista one: http://downloads.dell.com/video/R148018.EXE
  5. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Right click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> (Check) Run this in compatibility mode for -> Windows Vista
  6. Dreadnaught

Local Time:
  7. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    Says I will be getting older drivers..? Is this correct?
  8. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Deadnaught found the latest one for windows 7, it's here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/18384/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-64-bit?httpDown=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloadmirror.intel.com%2F18384%2Fa08%2FWin7_64_1512754bb.zip

(it's just not showing up in dreads post for me, it only showed up when I quoted?)
  9. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    Okay, I just did the drivers you said to compatible with Vista. My pc went to blue screen and forced a shut down and now there is some black bar running across the top of my screen. . I'll try the game now.
  10. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    Oh wow, attack of the bars and blue screen. I have been forced shut downed three times. I can't start any software. .
  11. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    You should be able to uninstall that driver.

Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager -> Display adapter -> (the display driver) Right click -> Uninstall. That should revert it back to the basic driver. And from there, if you want, you can try the driver that dreadnaught found for Windows 7 x64.

(the hierarchy may be slightly different on windows 7)
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  12. Dreadnaught

Local Time:
    Status check please OP
  13. Naruki

Naruki Well-Known Member Senior Member Backer Parkour Adept

Local Time:
    Squish all the bugs. ;)
  14. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    Yea, i'm at a friends house now cause I gave up at about 3:30 a.m. last night with that.
    I'll have to open it in safe mode due to software incompatibility with drivers force shutting down my computer.

Hiya, like I said above just a few seconds ago I have to work with it. I gave up cause of the time and all. I'll have to open up in safe mode to uninstall drivers and get back to basics.

Whatcha mean

Finally fixed my drivers.

EDIT: But still cant access game.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  15. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    What did you end up doing to fix it? If the windows 7 drivers didn't work, then perhaps the shaders are not supported. by your card
  16. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    How did I fix my drivers from force shutting me? That was simple. .
    As for the game, I edited my post so you would know that I am still unable to access The World.

And, once more, I do not have a GPU (card) shamefully.
  17. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well when someone says card its generally known to be whatever the graphics processor is. It doesn't always mean a physical card.

Intel on board graphics in general are crap and considering you have an older chip to begin with, It's probably going to boil down that.

If anything this is a driver directly from intel for that chipset:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...edia-Accelerator-Driver-for-Windows-7-64-exe-

As far as I understand that chipset only support openGL 1.5 (that's with the driver update) and obv DirectX (what version I don't know)
    I really couldn't find much information on that desktop (there appears to be 2 versions? One looks like a full tower and the other looks like a mini. Both have different on board graphics solutions.) So the above information may not be entirely true.

If you could give the Service tag on the tower that would be more helpful.

Well when it comes to intel there is a huge difference since they don't make physical cards.
  18. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    Sorry, I am just not too use to that. I know chipsets to be just that, chipsets.

As for service tag,

"The Express Service Tag for 14NV5D1 is 2458731493."

Intel(R) 965/963 Express chipset family is what it is. Forgot if this has been posted yet or naw.
    This pc can't be anything decent cause it was only a hundo off newegg deals.
  19. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Even after looking up the service tag it's saying there are 2 different graphics processors. Says intel or AMD. So I am assuming based on what you said that all you have is intel so I would go with the driver right from intel and see if that fixes anything.
  20. JCMazeFTL

Local Time:
    It does not, which makes me sad. I could probably set up the base of my new pc but I am still missing ram and PSU. I could pull that from this pc but I really don't want to. Also, I don't have my GPU yet. I really didn't wanna put it all together till I had it all here. .