Donations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DAF, Apr 1, 2013.

1. DAF

DAF DAF-inator Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:14 AM
    Why don't we have that option for the site? It would help with small things like replacing the old concept art in out classes. And I'm sure it would help pay for the server. Or maybe we have one? If we do, it might be a good idea to advertise it on the site a bit more. We might not get a lot of donations, but there are nice people and we might be able to run some evens on the forms around getting donations.
  2. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Siegfre I believe planned to put one up as soon as kickstarter went up to pull in even more money. I think he might now wait until Alpha is over.
  3. DAF

Local Time:
    We need better art for the kick-starter to show off our ideas. We can't get better art because we're poor, we're poor because you guys are waiting for the kick-starter.

Do I have that right? To get "even more money" we can do contests and events. Other then that, some income is better than none. Gato's paying how much for the server? If we were running this operation like a real business, we'd be in the red. So, donations before kickstarter, still something you don't want to do?
  4. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    That's not why where not collecting donations, we'd just need to be specific about what the donations are for until the textures are replaced.
  5. DAF

Local Time:
    I respect your call, just an inquiry.
  6. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    I'll have to find some time to make a page for it. On the up side were half way to $100 from adsense.. so when we get there we can see about buying "something" likely textures.