Does it Support VR? (CV1 or Vive)

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by ColdSpike, Feb 5, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. ColdSpike

ColdSpike New Member

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    I was just curious if the current build supports VR in anyway, yet? Usually it's best when a game is first built from the ground up for VR so it's fully understandable if it has none yet, but I was having trouble finding any information on this. Thank you in advanced.
  2. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    As far as I know, Siegfre's been spending the majority of his development time on core mechanics, so I don't think much (if any) work has been done on VR support yet. At least, I don't remember any patch notes mentioning it.

The Oculus will for sure get its support. I don't think there are any current plans for CV1 or Vive, but it's certainly a possibility once Siegfre gets around to implementing full VR support. In my limited knowledge of "VR devices," I believe it would likely depend very heavily on how much Oculus code can be reused to get the other two working. Of course that decision ultimately rests with the dev team, but I don't know their thoughts on this.
  3. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    It's been in the game for a little while, at least prior to:
    forum.iridiumbased.com/threads/alpha-2-0-0-2-0-1-patchnotes.2369/
  4. ColdSpike

ColdSpike New Member

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    Reallly? Okay, so next question, is this an MMORPG? Would that then make it a VR based MMORPG? If so I'm sold, I'll buy into it right now just out of sheer curiosity.

Edit: I guess I can't yet? The donate button doesn't appear to do anything; I can't donate moneys. lol
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  5. Daikonran

Daikonran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    The game is supposed to be an mmorpg, but the reason you can't donate is because this project has had little to no visible movement in almost a year. The servers have been offline for a long time now, and there has been no indication they will be coming back up anytime soon. Even if they'd let you donate, it's a much better idea to just watch from the sidelines and see if this goes anywhere than to actually invest.