Dear Sigfre and Staff!

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by JohnyBlack, May 12, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. JohnyBlack

JohnyBlack Active Member

Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    Hello Iridium Based Team, I'm JohnyBlack "Necro" in most community's.
    I as well as many of the other people on this slowly dying forum want "The World" Bug's and all.
    I speak for most on here when i say im pretty sure anyone here would be willing to host, or even pay to bring the lovely fan based game you guys made back!
    So i have a simple Proposition ill pay for my and my friends cd key along with paying 50 dollars a month to get this game back up!
    I could even handle handing out the keys that people donated for, hosting, and maintaining the forums!
    Ive done alot of different types of server hosting in my day, and i even have a dedicated box from past projects.
    When i refer to a box i mean a dell server rack!
    "I DONT CARE WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THIS GAME BACK UP ILL MOTHER LOVING DO IT!"
    much love i hope to see yall back!
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  2. AzureKite

AzureKite Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    What's funny is that in the fundraiser they did, the source for the game was suppose to be open source XD
  3. Morgue

Morgue Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I feel this hard
  4. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    They're still working on it, just haven't given us any updates yet. I'm sure they are trying their best...

Well, it's not like I'll be around for a while until someone decided to revive the server.
  5. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    There's no point in putting version 2.0.7 back up. The only purpose for having the server up is for testing, but that version was up for such a long time that a majority of the bugs were found.

Test servers aren't completely for our enjoyment. Of course, we'd prefer you enjoy what you're experiencing, but the primary purpose of the test server is to find bugs. We don't need to find any more bugs in 2.0.7.
    Mattimao1239 and Morgue like this.
  6. JohnyBlack

JohnyBlack Active Member

Local Time:
    why not for new players to come?
    for the rich flowing playerbase that donated just to play on a test server...
    I mean absolutely no disrespect in what im stating, but people are not staying here because there is nothing to do here.
    For the time being i will lurk in the shadows...
  7. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Well, if it's something you guys want to happen then by all means reply here saying you'd like the server back up. I'll tag @Siegfre, so it'll appear in his notifications.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea. I'm just stating the reasoning behind the server's current status.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  8. Morgue

Morgue Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    It would be pretty tight
  9. JohnyBlack

JohnyBlack Active Member

Local Time:
    Yes and the fact is ive been back and active on the forums for a week...
    you know that theres atleast 20 active guest's on every day...
    bet you most of them are people looking to see if the game is still up...
  10. AzureKite

Local Time:
    or just google pinging the site as they for some reason show up as guests in XenForo.
  11. JohnyBlack

JohnyBlack Active Member

Local Time:
  12. snakebyte12

snakebyte12 Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    At least having the server alive would show that there is at least some hope left in the project. My main reason saying "Why not?".
  13. JohnyBlack

JohnyBlack Active Member

Local Time:
    agreed
  14. JohnyBlack

JohnyBlack Active Member

Local Time:
    technically its been released in a alpha state already the server is just down
  15. PirosTheFourth

PirosTheFourth Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Having the server back up would be great. I never had the chance to play on it, and I've exhausted just about every screenshot and video I can find.
  16. JohnyBlack

JohnyBlack Active Member

Local Time:
    if enough people post here maybe you will... finally get to play after this long year... waiting for seigfre's return to view this forum post
  17. AzureKite

Local Time:
    Soo never?
    archaicINF likes this.
  18. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Well my idea would be to advertise the server being up for a month again or week, it depends on the cost of opening the sever. if it was a month probably once every 6 months is ok. weekly may be every couple of months. just something so when people ask when's it going to be back up we can answer.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  19. archaicINF

archaicINF Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    [​IMG] ;
  20. Cosmic Architect

Cosmic Architect Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    I agree. I do understand that we *would* want the new version out, but I like the idea personally of having it online for a week every two months or a month every year. Props to Stalwart for the idea. I feel like it would do a few things

1. People could see firsthand that the project is alive. (This means more donations!)
    2. The server would never sit there, empty, as a waste of money, because we would all anticipate it.
    3. People may return, and, indeed, have a better experience than in the past, because we'd all be coming back for it, not just a few trickling in at a time.
    I do, again, see the argument that the team wants to complete the new version first, and I have not in the least idea how close they are to doing so, but if a member of the community wishes to provide it as a service to a project already planned to be open source, I repeat others in saying 'why not?'

If this doesn't happen, I'll just go back to occasionally lurking the forums, I'm happy it's still being worked on. For now, I'll just go back to my own project and wait...