Current job/Dream job?

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Xyran, Aug 8, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Xyran

Xyran Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:31 PM
    I'm kinda curious what you guys all do, or want to become. Me personally, I've wanted to achieve different dream jobs, from wanting to be a therapist, to being a welder, and to currently not having a dream job.
    I work with kids and teenagers as a part time job, which to be honest, is a very fun and fulfilling job, and the best part is knowing you're making a difference in someone's life and slowly becoming a role model. The only downside to it, are certain kids that like to mouth off all the time and sass you whenever you're trying to enforce the rules or explain why they shouldn't be doing something.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  2. axlsjolund

axlsjolund Creative Director Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:31 PM
    Jobs right now I do freelance design work here and there, and primary job is IT work for a company. Mostly working with inter-carrier phone routing and overall DNS stuff.

Next career which I'll be switching to soon is media/video production, and a million little parts to that.

Dream job is interstellar cargo ship captain. Just ferrying people and supplies from colony to colony through space with a small crew.
    archaicINF and Mattimao1239 like this.
  3. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    I am actually not working right now D: It's terrible, anyways. I was in the USAF but because of my health stuff I was just recently medically discharged, buuut good thing is that I've been doing school for the past year and a half anyways.

Current goal job: 1 year retail and then I can work at the local natural history museum here (why 1 year of retail, IDK but it's a requirement)

Ultimate goal/dream job: Well I am in school right now double majoring in Anthropology (with a concentration in Archaeology) and Forensics, so ultimately I would love to go out on digs and work in a museum. A specific dig for me would be Gobekli Tepe.
  4. Gemini Bull

Gemini Bull Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:31 PM
    currently looking for a job myself. my dream job? well, i like to do lots of things but, my dream job would be being a Paleontologist/ degree in Palaeontology. might actually go that way soon if i dont find a job soon. :):):):):)
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  5. The_Freedom_Fellow

The_Freedom_Fellow Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Currently working as a fry cook, dream job, sys/network admin either or I'm not decided totally yet.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  6. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Current job: Graduate Assistant at the University of Mississippi.

Dream Job: Being a professor... Anywhere.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  7. MiniViper

MiniViper Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Current job is a everything worker at an Adult Shop. I'm the sales associate, customer support and the janitor. My other job is editing and creating online news articles for my aunt and her boss.

I don't care much for a dream job, whatever brings me the money is okay... Though cleaning poo, barf and needles out of the Adult Shop aren't fun.
    Cerberuspaw and Mattimao1239 like this.
  8. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    Still work in a mental health unit...admitting people to mental health units when I'm not doing that. Not fired yet, still don't know how. Dream job...indifferent as long as its good money. Although this new girl I'm dating is a Blacksmith and wants to travel blacksmithing...I'd be on board with that...long as I can look cool being shirtless hitting iron with a hammer (that's literally all I know. Hitting iron with a hammer. Not to make a shape or w.e...just hitting it over and over).
  9. Xyran

Xyran Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Blacksmithing would be something cool to do
    Cerberuspaw and Mattimao1239 like this.
  10. Morgue

Morgue Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I work in a warehouse. My dream job is no job
  11. Ruchkin

Ruchkin Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I currently work at Moe's as a, well everything, my dream is to become an inventor and create things that can help make the world a better place.
  12. Nim

Nim Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    I do warehousing. My dream job would be a firefighter. Or an astronaut. I want to help our world in one way or another so being able to explore space or to save people from a life or death situation would be my dream. Either those two or becoming a game designer.
  13. Tom

Tom New Member

Local Time:
    im self unemployed right now lol but my dream job would have to be making and or testing video games i was raised to be a gamer get it from my mom lol... i would say i want to be a therapist but there is way to high of a chance of misdiagnosis due to the open translations of mental and social disorders plus i don't think people want a therapist with problems like them.
  14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught Well-Known Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    My dream job would be generally defined as Software engineering / game development.

As an avid gamer, my eyes have adjusted to the light from a computer screen for the better part of nearly 2 decades. I've worked on hardware, now I'm just working on learning the software aspect
  15. Viscro

Viscro Community Manager Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    10:31 PM
    Initially I did an apprenticeship as a cook. But could not successfully complete it, because the training company had only taken advantage of me. After 4 years of blood, sweat and tears they have me terminated the day before the exam and instead organized a summer festival. For some reason, I was the executive office an eyesore. Since I did not know it better, I had lodged no complaint with the Chamber of Commerce. Personally, I could not pay the audit and so everything was for nothing. Since then my health steadily downhill and I can no longer work properly until today. I now have an unrestricted ban on working, because my health condition is questionable for months.

Currently I am doing nothing, except to dream of better days.
    What I would like to work? - I would love to work from home. Otherwise, I do not feel comfortable working in.

My dream job is the Community Manager. Learning by doing. The job combines the work from home, provided the employer agrees and my general interests. Because what I most like about is the decisive position between the developers and the community. You are the ear of the developer and the voice of the community.

The only thing I want right now? A marginally paid position as a Community Manager of at least about 500€, with contained deductions. I get currently 400€ social payments and the minimum of the lower limit on wage salary here is 400-450€. Occupations up with a wage level of 450€ not count as a real job, but as a part-time job. This is nothing with which one can live properly. Every month you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown. The more I learn then and the better I get, the more and more wage salary I could get. That is what I am dream of right now. I would be willing to fight for it as best as I can to improve my English and to continuously work on myself becoming a really good Community Manager.

But is that a realizable dream or am I a daydreamer? What do you think about that.

~ I want to believe in it, even if the future's uncertain and I'll fight for it.
  16. khilti

khilti Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    currently im a Broadband 3 Technician (cable guy). I love the fact i get all chs and 155 meg internet dirt cheap but a little iffie with the company. I am also a master landscape and design artists, Mechanic, carpenter, plumber, rock mason, brick mason, heavy equipment operator (certified for anything with up to 10 wheels or tracks) and lawn care attendant. Man hard to believe im only 24lol. I guess you could say jack of all trades master of none lol. if i jump ship again it will be to power. This way they wont be able to cut off any of my utilities hahahahahaha Vengeance!
  17. Silver Knight

Silver Knight Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    7:31 AM
    I'm the captain of the 13th Squadron of the Crimson Knights and serve as defender of Subaru, the leader of the guild. I strongly believe in justice, and I will do anything I can to bring down criminals, even in a fictitious world. I take it upon myself to police The World, scouring it for traces of cheaters or players who sought to unbalance the game in some way.
  18. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    ...um, this isn't roleplay or anything. Kinda off-topic... It's talking about real-life job, not some fantasy job. Sorry if this sounds an insult, but I'm trying to help.

Anyway... my dream job is to become scientist. Or, you can say, the world's first deaf scientist who did things. My dream job is to research, form a theory, and even imagine up something that will help people. It's pretty simple...
  19. Silver Knight

Silver Knight Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    7:31 AM
    Meanie! There's no need to be all serious! ;A;

Fine... I'm a therapist... Meanie beanie... *pouts*
  20. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    :< I didn't mean to be mean. Forgive me... :<

EDIT: A therapist!? I love therapists!