Creator of the World Contest

Discussion in 'Events' started by Cerberuspaw, Oct 9, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    It's ALIIIIIVE!

This time around we're looking for creations. Those ideas you've had swimming around in your head, well it's time to bring them to fruition. We've got an extensive prize pool this time built around...you guessed it, making things.

Rules as follows.
    1. Creations have to be of your own design. (No infringement of another's existing work, though influences are acceptable as long as the bulk of the work is your own)
    2. Creations can be of anything. That includes buildings people creatures places, objects etc. (Only exclusion is mature content.)
    3. Submissions here must not have been entered in other previous contests (not limited to Iridiumbased)
    4. Each submission should include name, submission type(building, person, etc.), and at least 4 sentences of backstory.

Judging.
    Will follow a 100 pt scale with 60 pts determined by creativity and originality.
    30 pts for concept/design. 15 pts backstory. 5 pts for drawing skill level.

We want this to be fun for everyone. So hit us with your best designs.

Prizes.
    First Place.
    Choose One
    Rpg Maker VX Ace Deluxe + Rpg maker Luna Engine + Game Character Hub
    or
    Game Guru + 6 DLC additions(including Fantasy and Building Packs)
    or
    Axis Game Factory: AGFPro v3.0 + 5 DLC additions

Second Place
    Choose One
    (Minus the first place choice)
    RPG Maker VX Ace
    or
    Game Guru
    or
    Axis Game Factory

Third Place.
    Choose One
    App Game Kit 2
    or
    Spriter Pro
    or
    Sprite Lamp

BONUS:
    Randomly determined from all submissions that didn't take a place.
    Stencyl: Indie Edition 1 year License (this has to be redeemed before the 21st of October)

This Contest ends October 18, 2015 & a Winner will be announced on October 19, 2015.
    Follow this thread to see who is the winner will be.
    Good Luck!
    This event is hosted on the behalf of,
    [The World] Committee
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Oberon and Naruki like this.
  2. Xyran

Xyran Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:11 PM
    Sounds like a awesome event, and one question. Are we allowed to create drawings of our characters from the "Who's that NPC!" event?
  3. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Good question. The character was never drawn or illustrated but the name and backstory were used. So I'll have to rule a 'no' on that as the primary criteria is creativity and originality, and reusing that would definitely be against the criteria.

Although since the character was never illustrated you could still draw them under a different name and backstory.
  4. Xyran

Local Time:
    photo.JPG
    First drawing I've tried doing in a long time, and some details are a little messed up from not using an outlining pen and just using a vis-a-vis pen. Hope you guys like it, and I hope to see what awesome drawings and ideas you guys come up with!

Name: Sword of a forgotten age
    Item: Weapon

Backstory: In the ages that were forgotten from the progression of time, the creation of weapons wasn't just a trade, it was also an art. Experimentation with different forms of art was in high gear, while others focused on a canvas and oil, others took to the refining of steel, the shaping of the blade and handle, and the etching designs along the blade, hilt, and handle. This is one of those blades. While not appealing to many eyes, it shows that art isn't always a painting or a sculpture, it can also be a weapon.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Cerberuspaw and azuretre like this.
  5. Xyran

Local Time:
    photo.JPG
    Second drawing up and ready. The backstory reads more as a documentation of discovery.

Name: Glowing amulets
    Item: Miscellaneous/jewelry

Backstory: These amulets are of unknown origin, and the stones bare no resemblance to any that are known. They change color unusually and has yet to be determined what causes the change in coloration. Another observation note, no two amulets are of the same size or shape but there is one commonality between them, the stones have a golden coil wrapped around the top, and then has a silver chain attached to it. When the stones glow, they give off enough light to allow minimal changes in visibility of a small area.
  6. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    3 days in, hope you all get to see this and make submissions. Big thanks to @Xyran
  7. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    2 days remaining. Was hoping for more submissions by now :(
  8. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Down to the last 24 hours. After tonight, no further submissions will be accepted.
  9. Xyran

Local Time:
    I find it rather unfortunate that there weren't any more submissions..
    Naruki and Cerberuspaw like this.
  10. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    yeah me too :(.

Congratulations @Xyran You can pick one of the prizes from the first place list. And as an added bonus from the rest of us at the committee, you can also pull one from the third prize list as well. And the Stencyl 1-year license.
    Naruki likes this.
  11. azuretre

azuretre Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    congrats xyran, i would have done something but i cant draw lol
  12. Xyran

Local Time:
    azuretre, it's not about how well you can draw, it's about getting your ideas onto paper and sharing them. The point of it was for everyone to be able to be included regardless of drawing capabilities. I mean, look at my drawings, I'm not a very good artist. It's about having fun with your ideas and your originality, and taking pride in what you can come up with. Any idea and drawing is important no matter the quality, because it's something original, and it's coming from that persons mind.
    Sometimes you've just got to let your imagination take hold, and let your mind do the work.
    Naruki, Cerberuspaw and azuretre like this.
  13. Oberon

Oberon Mr. Outside Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    gah! I totally forgot e.e sorry ;__; stupid work :/ grats xy!