Bugs In The Online Update

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Cerberuspaw, Nov 1, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:55 PM
    I'm not sure if I was the only online or not so I don't know if the chat feature worked typing into it regularly posted what I said.
    • Treasure Chests can be clicked multiple times for the same item, even once they've dissapeared
    • Chat box disappears when character info is displayed [Can be restored by pressing 'p']
    • Monster respawn rate seems a little slow. A few minutes went by waiting for them to refresh in the Aqua Polis.
    Bugs Located by Raziel
    • Not a game-breaking bug or anything, but just a little thing I noticed: outside the weapon shop, if you look into the water across the bridge, you'll see a reflection of the Chaos gate, which is behind solid buildings, so this reflection doesn't make much sense.
    • This might be intentional, but after a few seconds after a monster chest spawns, it graphically disintegrates, but it's still technically there. I also encountered the issue with being able to loot multiple items from a single chest, even after its graphics disappeared.
    • After I leveled up and stood about for a while (posting this reply, heheh), the level-up noise played again even when I hadn't fought anything. It also played pretty frequently when I was in battle and after I had warped to Aqua Polis.
    • I couldn't access the Esc menu for some reason.
    • The Aqua Polis background played in HFSF as well, but it's not really game-breaking or anything.
    • The monster AI is a little funky. The mobs frequently try to run through and behind the character, making combat a little difficult (fighting them with the left click and turning the camera with the right click is a little hard XD). If the normal combat key was reassigned to a button (like Q or F like it used to be) this might not be so hard. But we can live with it for now, it's manageable.
    • Got booted once from the game after warping back to Aqua Polis from HFSF and walking across the bridge. Game just randomly froze for a minute, then booted me back to the login screen.
    Bugs Located by Extian
    • In Mu Hel, when you fall off, you don't respawn at the gate, it takes you to a "white room".
  2. Extian

Extian Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:55 PM
    I can't get to other areas...keyword a is v, keyword b is aqua and keyword c is polis.
  3. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    1:55 PM
    Up and down arrows?
  4. Extian

Local Time:
    I was just randomly kicked from the game, I don't know if that is a bug or if the server went offline.
  5. Extian

Local Time:
    No classes at the moment?
  6. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    There's no way to select your class atm. You are a generic heavyblade, but the weapons are set to work with any class until I get the character creator back to normal.
  7. Extian

Local Time:
    Camera needs to be changed, it still too damn senstive, it could be because I am using a mouse pad, but I doubt it.
  8. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    There's a sensitivity option in the option menu.
  9. Extian

Local Time:
    Could you tell me where the option menu is, because I don't see it listed in controls.
  10. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    The esc key.
  11. Extian

Local Time:
    Every time I log on, I have 5000 gp and no items, even though I just just bought a sword and 2o potions...
  12. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:55 PM
    doesn't save stats
  13. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    ...basic online functions have been enabled (as cereberuspaw pointed out, I'd just like to reiterate). Saving stats and such will probably be the last thing that is re-enabled as database concerns were the primary reason behind taking the server down.
  14. Thespian

Thespian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:55 PM
    Issues Im having:

-Can't warp to any areas, tried using the arrow keys at the chaos gate but the aqua polis keywords didn't change
    -Incredibly slow framerate. Barely visible movement.
    -Login Page fades in and out. Sometimes disappears completely
    -Game is too dark, I find no way to change the brightness.

And this is obviously at this point an issue only I appear to be having but I can't move the camera still. And Ive tried on 3 different computers. Why not map the camera to the arrow buttons instead of the mouse? Seems like it would be easier to just have the WASD keys as movement and arrows as camera.
  15. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    I'll work on getting the first 4 problems fixed in the next version.
    Can you upload a screenshot of issue #3?

Also I'll look into adding an option for switching up controls. But it likely won't be very soon. I'm surprised to see that this issue came up on so many computers I'll continue searching for possible issues but this issue is going to be fairly hard for me to reproduce.

Lastly the control choice is based on personal preference, as well as with the action oriented future in mind. Either way there will be options for changing controls at some point.
  16. Thespian

Thespian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:55 PM
    Problem #3 has already been resolved. All I had to do was load up the game once more and it fixed itself. Only thing is the background dissapears now like so. I can log in unlike before though:
    Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 11.00.31 PM.png
  17. Vlander

Vlander Active Member

Local Time:
    1. i don't know if it only happens rarely or if it doesn't matter too much but i killed one of the flying purple thingy's and the chest dropped on its side {like i said it might not be an issue}
    2. when i tried to use esc to get to the menu it didn't do anything
    3.when im at the weapons merchant sometime i cant buy anything from him sometimes i can, also if i don't manage to get the buy im stuck with the merch menu open and cant get out of it
    4. the merchant in hel {whatever the rest was} doesn't function
  18. Extian

Local Time:
    esc does work, try again, I believe you get out of merchant's window by either clicking it once or pressing enter.
  19. Raziel

Raziel Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Wow, Cerberuspaw actually made a thread before I did~

Anyway, things I found:
    • Not a game-breaking bug or anything, but just a little thing I noticed: outside the weapon shop, if you look into the water across the bridge, you'll see a reflection of the Chaos gate, which is behind solid buildings, so this reflection doesn't make much sense.
    • This might be intentional, but after a few seconds after a monster chest spawns, it graphically disintegrates, but it's still technically there. I also encountered the issue with being able to loot multiple items from a single chest, even after its graphics disappeared.
    • After I leveled up and stood about for a while (posting this reply, heheh), the level-up noise played again even when I hadn't fought anything. It also played pretty frequently when I was in battle and after I had warped to Aqua Polis.
    • I couldn't access the Esc menu for some reason.
    • The Aqua Polis background played in HFSF as well, but it's not really game-breaking or anything.
    • The monster AI is a little funky. The mobs frequently try to run through and behind the character, making combat a little difficult (fighting them with the left click and turning the camera with the right click is a little hard XD). If the normal combat key was reassigned to a button (like Q or F like it used to be) this might not be so hard. But we can live with it for now, it's manageable.
    • Got booted once from the game after warping back to Aqua Polis from HFSF and walking across the bridge. Game just randomly froze for a minute, then booted me back to the login screen.
    The graphics are looking good though! It's nice that Aqua Polis isn't so bright anymore. It's much sharper. And the water looks lovely! The devs are doing a great job! :D
  20. Extian

Local Time:
    In Mu Hel, when you fall off, you don't respawn at the gate, it takes you to a "white room".