Budgetary/Financial Breakdown and Open Source

Discussion in 'The World Message Board' started by Daikonran, Oct 12, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    If anyone thinks that I misspent the money for the budget, please send me proof of donation, and I'll work with you to refund your money in as timely a manner as possible from my personal funds. I won't be here discussing anything else most likely.

Edit: With the exception of CalmChaos (for moderation purposes), all administrators have been removed. All responsibility for any past/future issues, claims, or problems lies solely with me.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:33 AM
    Even if I donated money and even if I felt it was misappropriated or misused I wouldn't necessarily mind. I've been a part of this community since the old school CC corp website days, feels like over 15 years. It's always been more like side projects for people because of course without large financial backings to help sustain the lives of people actually working on it it just wouldn't be feasible to expect a fully dedicated working staff to finish something like this in all honesty.

I still hold out that one day The World will be released and that one day all of us in this community can play it together again. I still maintain that despite the fact that I haven't been able to get on here as often as I should or like to I wouldn't trade the time that I have spent here any other way.

Keep in touch with me outside of this if any of you can lol Cerberus knows how to contact me if you guys don't. And Siegfre and Keramory, I have no issues with either one of you and I wouldn't mind keeping in touch with y'all as well.
    Oberon, Cerberuspaw, Silaan and 2 others like this.
  3. Oberon

Oberon Mr. Outside Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    9:33 AM
    I feel this entirely i'm not remotely upset about what I spent or how it was allocated here, 23k is nothing for a project of this nature even with the devs killing themselves working on it. I had fun with what time I had while this was active and I still come back from time to time to engag- creep in the shadows and occasionally comment. I understand the frustration and anger but this was a daunting and ambitious project from the get go. It's unfortunate that it hit a wall but there was a lot of work and love put into this and the reality is simply sometimes things just don't pan out how you'd envision them.

I'm also of the mind that if this ever rekindles (with a lessons learned approach) i'll be here same as I was in the past ready to support it.
  4. Salem

Salem Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    10:33 AM

I and many others i'm sure share this sentiment.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.