Beast Class

Discussion in 'Classes' started by Frost, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Frost

Frost Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    5:06 AM
    can have collar or item that let wear one? (around neck)
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    2:06 AM
    There are not too many details for the beast class atm. There is certainly a possibility.
  3. Silaan

Silaan Man Behind the Mask! Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    on that note: why only the beast class? That could give some rather unpleasent implications... you know... fantastic racism... if there will be collars or chokers or wtfh-ever, it would be better when all PCs could wear such.
  4. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    There is usually racism in fantasy. That wouldn't be unusual at all.
  5. Frost

Local Time:
    Collar fit with beast more because natural yes?
    did idea of <item> collar too did not say only, beast character have on, permantly character creation suggestion at first Silaan
    Beast<-Collar=Yes
    Any<-Collar=Find <Item>Wear=Yes <-------sense?
  6. Frost

Local Time:
    how racism...?
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Because humans put collars on animals to identify them as theirs. As property.
  8. Frost

Local Time:
    Beast class<belong to "The World" but Noted why racism, gratitude Crim
  9. Frost

Local Time:
    Still suggest collar for beast class option (Item/character creation option) either fine
  10. Silaan

Local Time:
    while that is quiet true - quiet often out of gameplay-necessity - I think it wouldn't be wrong to avoid such a blatant one... on that note, though, I do like collars and such so I would actually like it if such were ingame.
  11. Krosantor

Krosantor Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I believe that the beast class should base on a certain skillsystem. You take different ways the clas can go and so you get the chance to be a different race. For example you skill on the lion-tree. you will look like a leonid in the world of magic and so on. This is my opinion and I believe that this might solve the question. It might even work if you can switch between the different forms. Out of fight you are humanlike but in fight you can switch to a certain form you like ;)
  12. Frost

Local Time:
    Krosantor that ok but too complicated in alpha/beta WORLD and you mean like OUKA turn dog whenever?
  13. Kodum

Kodum Dev Team Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    That'd be a druid, methinks.
  14. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    The Beast race will be a race. If they have a "Look human" ability like in WoW's beast class, then that may be something they add. But likely it will just be a half dog like creature/half human. Weather there is any story lined discrimination between humans and beasts, that would be up to the writers of the game. Collars do not need to be from ownership, the race could already use collars as a fashion or religious item in their own culture before finding the human race. In which case they would be confused as to why pets had collars and humans didnt :p. But anything can be explained in the story, any of the stuff we write here is just for fun.
  15. Krosantor

Krosantor Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    But Beastmen mean many races like Minotaurs and Lizardmen and so on. There will be billions of races and that means many many complications and this thread is about "Beast Class" so I believe my druidish looking idea works fine
  16. Silaan

Local Time:
    Some random thought but I wouldn't be that surprised if the Beast class is mostly feline... you know, like with the Nekos... Adding all kinds of different beasts would be a insanly big task anyway.
  17. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    The mounts are suppose to be feline or neko. Not going to be pig cow grunty.
  18. Silaan

Local Time:
    yep, that plus backstory made me think it wouldn't be that surprising if the beast class ends up feline as well o.o
  19. Frost

Local Time:
    Beast class neko as long Male too Happy :p
  20. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    There is a beast class?
    Kaldeon likes this.