Anyone from old CC?

Discussion in 'Aqua Polis Square' started by Tsashimaru, Jan 17, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Tsashimaru

Tsashimaru Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    I used to play the old TW wayyy back in the day with quite a few good friends such as Xirsch, Hiroto, Ruka, and so on so forth.
    In any case, I was wondering if there was still anyone around from the old days.
    Brijesha likes this.
  2. Skieth

Skieth Active Member

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    I browse this site occasionally when I get nostalgic. My question to the people who still current the site after darn near 10 years of operation is are you happy? Would the you that joined this site so many years ago be proud of the you that visits the site today? I was just thinking about this earlier, considering that I joined the site when I was what? 12? Crazy to think that it has been so long. I cherish my memories of this place and what came before it. Thank you to the people who made my time here enjoyable, thank you to the people who aggravated me. The World was truly a magical place, and I'm happy for all of us who got to experience it in its original glory.
  3. Tsashimaru

Local Time:
    Thanks for your input Skeith. In all honesty, after the initial storyline went down, including Joe and company- I almost fell off 'The World,' completely. I had a lot going on in my life, and obviously still do. But as many people like myself have said before, "You'll always come back." Though I've really yet to see the kind of people who run the CC besides a couple, ie; Kera- I still think that it's not about the owners, but rather the community. I hope that the users on here are as tight knit as we were back then. By the way- if you're the same Skeith from way back when, then it's good to see you're still well and kicking. In any case, to answer your question as to whether or not I'm happy- I'd have to say it's quite mixed. I popped into the old CC and told them about my first deployment, and now I'm currently on my second tour in Afghanistan. I'm happy with my friends and family, but as far as life goes- I'm more or less looking forward to the next chapter of my life.
    Brijesha likes this.
  4. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    Haha...this might be akward for you...but that Keramory guy is...haha...right...
    here -.-

Lol good to see more CC members. Some of them are around, they mostly lurk. A few of them I know wont come back because of me although they're welcome, but most of them who are cautious will and have in the past just post to say hello and then go back to lurking.

Reality is without the game theres little reason to stay active atm, it'll build up as the game goes on. As for me I'm indifferent if some of the old members come back or not...it doesn't really effect my development of the game and I traded my social life for my net life years ago more or less. The consistent spam of new players in CC when I was younger is what drove me to the cold attitude, I couldn't take it after a point. That and all the girls loved me being a jackass, hell if I ever understand why even now.
    Brijesha likes this.
  5. Dexel

Dexel Member

Local Time:
    9:00 PM
    Girls are funny like that. Say they want a nice guy, then fall for the cold sod.

Anyhow. There seems to be a fair share of old(er) players migrating here, but as Kera said, lots of them seem to just lurk. Not that I entirely blame them.
    Cosmic Architect and Brijesha like this.
  6. Fujishawa

Fujishawa Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I am not a member from the old CC, but a new one rather. Sure there isn't a TON to do here, but I'm sticking around this place. I wish all the members here would choose to stay here, and support the games release, but most make an account, and leave it once they realized they couldn't play it. I will wait patiently for the game to be done right, I don't want a rushed mess. I keep myself busy on here by talking on the forums mostly, and hanging out with the other members. I hope to build the long lasting bridges that you guys have, when you guys joined here.
  7. Latorn

Latorn [GER] Moderator Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:00 AM
    I dont know if I can be considered a old CC member but I've been here for quite some time at least^^
    And as for the question...yes I'm very proud to be here because there are so many awesome people that I wouldn't have met at all and my life would probably be a lot more boring without this site since I didnt really need to trade my social life for spending my whole day in TW or something because my life has always been kinda boring till now and at least TW2D brought something like adventure into it. I could be who I wanted to be, find a lot of new friends and chat with them pretty much everyday. I mean our Twilight Dragons guild was nothing less then a big happy family which is (or rather was) damn awesome! And also I would still be the quite and shy guy that I was years ago if this community wouldnt have showed me that theres really nothing to fear...noone will kill you if you ask something :D
  8. Anjeliers

Anjeliers New Member

Local Time:
    Hi, i used to be dylan tristian.

Actually i mostly lurk, and i only think about this place when im incredibly bored. But its whatever. I dont do the RP thing anymore, and I'm too caught up in league to reliably say that i wanna play this game, but i do have memories of this community, which is why i made an account.
  9. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    There are a decent amount of old CC users on here, glad to see another pop up again :)
  10. Joseph Stacko

Joseph Stacko Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    I know what you mean about old members, and not caring either way about them coming back. I know for a fact that there are people who hold grudges against me after 5+ years of stuff, and the inability to be open-minded on the possibility of change seems to rule their lives. I have had people wrong me in the past from CC - hell, when you and I had our issues, it got bad. But time went on, we both grew up, and things were forgiven. That is what I hope for from all the players who decide to come back - to just leave your drama and baggage at the login button.

That is not to say that in-game drama doesn't make for an enjoyable experience (adds to the fun IMO), but the forum stuff just got to out of hand, and I believe drove most of the staff to resent the community after several years.
    Brijesha, Ashitaka and Mattimao1239 like this.
  11. Ashitaka

Ashitaka Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    So no more Piros and Naphe incidents? lmao
  12. Tsashimaru

Local Time:
    Well I'm glad to see quite the large volume of receptive responses. In any case- I'm glad to see that even after all these years, you've still stuck around Joe. In the case that you were curious as to how Ciel was doing- I still talk to him occasionally, he's doing quite well and things are looking up.
    In any case, I'm not quite sure if many of the old players I knew still stick around- though I sure people like Raidrian still lurk around every once in awhile- like you all have mentioned. I more or less came back on in the hopes of another close knit community like before- and also the hopes of reuniting with old friends. But only time will tell what happens.
    It's morning here in the 'gan- I hope you all have a wonderful day, or are having one by the time you read this.

As for Kera- I know we've had our differences in the past, but as Joe said- I hope we can let bygones be bygones and progress onward regardless of it all. I do apologize for how I acted in the past, and I hope the feeling is mutual.

-Tsashi.
    Brijesha likes this.
  13. Brijesha

Brijesha Teller of Seasons Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    I first joined CC back in '07 .. It was the first web forum I ever frequented. I think at some point in '08 I turned into a lurker, and later left into the real world to well... live? Ever since my return on Iridium though, I've been visiting every day. Iridium Based sure beats Facebook, and the web-experience on here is both pleasant and nostalgic.

Does anyone remember Tren from the old forums? Whatever happened to that guy? :-S
    Mattimao1239 and Cerberuspaw like this.
  14. Dexel

Dexel Member

Local Time:
    Wait. What. I missed this how.

Haven't heard from you in forever, mate. How goes?

Tren? Name rings a ball. Thought I had him on Skype, but it was someone else named Tev, I guess. Sorry, don't know what in hell happened to him.
    Brijesha likes this.
  15. Karu

Karu Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Dude I missed you!
    Brijesha likes this.
  16. Brijesha

Brijesha Teller of Seasons Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    He used to have a hefty post count and talked to everyone in the community. He spammed my inbox when I barely knew him, but he seemed like a nice guy. He sported an avatar from the Loveless anime. :-/
  17. Karu

Karu Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Some of the in-game drama was pretty good for the history of the game. The forums got pretty insane though. Some of the arguments on the forums were funny but I'm hoping the forums on here don't make a repeat of those mistakes. The community got so cold. =/ Most of the drama I triggered was just in-game to make things more interesting with mischief. I'm surprised Joe of all people has this opinion about it. o_o If the game ever comes back online I might be tempted to spice things up a bit, as long as the game still has a decent amount of players. I'm still waiting for more players so more things can happen among the community though. Hard to have players for a game that's always offline. lol

Also to clarify I'm the older Karu from CC for anyone just viewing this. Phase 0 stole my name for a bit when I was gone, and I still get a few messages from people a little confused about the issue.
    Brijesha likes this.
  18. Dexel

Dexel Member

Local Time:
    Ah, so it was from Loveless. I remember his post count though. Nope, don't have a way to keep in touch with him, mostly because he and I never interacted.
    Brijesha likes this.
  19. Anjeliers

Anjeliers New Member

Local Time:
    idk, it goes as usual, im currently losing my life to league of legends and i hate this game so much but i like it ugh
  20. Dexel

Dexel Member

Local Time:
    Ha! I know the feeling too well. Had that problem with Mabinogi for some time, and now Persona 4 is my heroin.
    Mattimao1239 likes this.