Anime Review (With Episodes!) - RWBY

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Laurayne, Nov 29, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Laurayne

Laurayne Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:58 AM

BasicInfo

RWBY Is An Anime Style American Web Series Developed By Rooster Teeth, The Company That Brought You "Red vs Blue", One Of The Longest Lasting Successful Web Series Out There. Created, Directed, And Animated By Monty Oum, Known For His High Quality Animation Videos On Youtube And His Work Helping Animate Red vs Blue. The Musical Themes Being Written By Jeff Williams And Performed By Casey Lee Williams. The Series Follows Team RWBY (Pronounced "Ruby"), A Team Of Huntresses-In-Training As They Attended Beacon Academy In The City Of Vale. They Train To Help Humanity Defend Against The Creatures Of Grim, The Dark And Violent Monsters Which Humanity Has Been At Odds With For As Long As History Has Been Recorded. Students Who Attend Beacon Academy Are Separated Into Teams Comprised of Four Members. Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, And Yang Xiao Long Make Up Team RWBY. Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie, Pyrrha Nikos, And Lie Ren Makeup Team JNPR (Pronounced "Juniper"). Watch And Enjoy As Team RWBY And Team JNPR Struggle To Come Together With Their Teammates And Learn To Work Together As They Find Themselves Tangled Up In Hilarious Mix Ups, Complicated Plots And Twists, And Straightforward Conflicts.​

My Own Comments And Opinions

This Is A Series I Have Been Impatiently Awaiting Ever Since The Release Of The First Trailer On November 5, 2012. Sadly I Had To Wait Another 9 Months Till The First Episode Was Released On July 5, 2013. However, RoosterTeeth Did An Excellent Job At Holding Off The Waiting Fan By Releasing A Series Of 4 Trailers, Which Could Easily Be Seen As Episodes All Their Own, To Tease At The Show And Show Somewhat Of A Resume Of Each Character, Their Weapon, And Fighting Style. I Have To Say, This Show Is Everything I Was Expecting And More. Fantastic fight Scenes With Brilliant Animation Show Off fighting Style And Movements I Wouldn't Have Thought To See In Something Like This. One Of Monty's Specialties From His Previous Works Is How He Allows The Character To Do Mid Air Styles And Movements Using The Kickback Generated By Firearms. This Adds A Very Appealing Style To The Combat Which I Fell In Love With Right Away. Alongside The Humorous Mishaps The Characters Provide And Voice Acting That The Cast Provide, The Show Gives A Great Combo Of Laughable Comedy And Thrilling Combat.​

While I Personally Find This Show Amazing, I Have To Admit It's Flaws. The Voice Actors That Cast Are Not Professionals At The Art By Any Means. They Are Employees Who Work At Rooster Teeth And Landed The Job Via Recommendation By Monty Himself.
    The Animation, While Appealing, Lacks Attention To Some Of The More Minor Details. Characters Walk Animations Are Faster/Slower Then Their Actual Movement (Noticeably So), You May Notice, Depending On How Closely You Pay Attention, That there Is A Few Instances Of Objects Clipping threw Objects, But This I Wont Hold Against Them. Clipping Is Something that Animators Are Plagued With In Every 3D Animation, Coupled With Having To Meet Release Date Scheldules.​

I Give This Series A Good 9/10

If You Feel You Have Any Additional Info To Provide, Feel Free To Message Me And I'll Edit This Article Accordingly.

Since RoosterTeeth Has Been So Kind As To Upload Each Episode (With A 1 Week Delay) To Youtube, I Am Glad To Announce That I Can Share Each Episode With You All Here!

RWBY "Red Trailer"

RWBY "White Trailer"
    RWBY "Black Trailer"
    RWBY 'Yellow Trailer"
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    SaguraKirux likes this.
  2. Laurayne

Local Time:
    RWBY Chapter 1 - "Ruby Rose"
    RWBY Chapter 2 - "The Shining Beacon P1"
    RWBY Chapter 3 - "The Shining Beacon Pt2"
    RWBY Chapter 4 - "The First Step Pt1"
    RWBY Chapter 5 - "The First Step Pt2"
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  3. Laurayne

Local Time:
    RWBY Chapter 6 - "The Emerald Forest P1"
    RWBY Chapter 7 - "The Emerald Forest Pt2"
    RWBY Chapter 8 - "Players And Pieces"
    RWBY Chapter 9 - "The Badge And The Burden Pt1"
    RWBY Chapter 10 - "The Badge And The Burden Pt2"
  4. Laurayne

Local Time:
    RWBY Chapter 11 - "Jaunedice Pt1"
    RWBY Chapter 12 - "Jaunedice Pt2"
    RWBY Chapter 13 - "Forever Fall Pt1"
    RWBY Chapter 14 - "Forever Fall Pt2"
    RWBY Chapter 15 - "The Stray"
  5. Laurayne

Local Time:
    RWBY Chapter 16 - "Black And White" (Chapter 1 Finale)
  6. Laurayne

Local Time:
    Oh, I Guess I Should Mention The Entire First Chapter Is Now Available On BluRay. You Can Find It At The RoosterTeeth.com Shop Or At your Local Retailer Depending On Where You Live.
  7. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    I love this show
    Kaldeon and SaguraKirux like this.
  8. karashe

karashe Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    12:58 AM
    Why does the red trailer makes me want to go buy a sword and learn how to be a master of it...
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  9. Laurayne

Local Time:
    Strange, I Would've Figure You Of All People To Turn On Over The Yellow Trailer. lol
  10. karashe

Local Time:
    Wait there is more.. 1 sec reloading page
  11. karashe

Local Time:
    Ok yellow ftw *I want those gloves ingame plx*

p.s. I want a Hand-To-Hand class even more plx :D
    Laurayne and Mattimao1239 like this.
  12. Laurayne

Local Time:
    I Figured You'd Have A Ball With That.
  13. karashe

Local Time:
    Oh yea, power of the fist ftw.

p.s. I wonder how much begging will get me a hand-to-hand class :(
  14. Laurayne

Local Time:
    Only 1 Way To Find Out?

Btw, I Should Note That When Chapter 2 Starts, I Will be Posting New Episodes Here Every Week When RoosterTeeth Uploads Them To Youtube. So Look Forward to Them. However, If You'd Like To Stay Up-To-Date And catch Each Episode As Soon As Possible, Visit The RoosterTeeth Website Where They Make Each Episode Public 1 Week before They Post Them On Youtube.com

Okay, So This Was Pretty Interesting. The RT (RoosterTeeth) Recap This Week Is Hosted By Characters From Each Of RT's Animated Series Including Ruby, Weiss, Blake, And Yang From RWBY, Sarge From RvB, And Gus, Burnie, And Jole From RT Animated Adventures. Check It Out.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  15. Laurayne

Local Time:
    Okay Ladies And Bustier Ladies! Season 2 Has Been Announced To Premiere At RTX 2014, And In Order to Add Fuel To The Ever Expanding Hype Train, RoosterTeeth Has Released New Videos To Show off The Production Side of RWBY As Well As Chapter 2's Opening Sequence!

RWBY Production Diary Pt1
    RWBY Production Diary Pt2
    RWBY Production Diary Pt3
    RWBY Production Diary Pt4
    RWBY Opening Sequence Vol.2
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  16. SaguraKirux

SaguraKirux Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:58 PM
    Dang. Way to absolutely kill it with this thread. I love the show and I'm always up for showing RT a little extra support :D
    Laurayne likes this.
  17. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    NEW SEASON!!
    And for those who like the soundtrack it is on Pandora.
    Search Jeff Williams.
  18. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
    10:58 PM
    I honestly only watch AMV's of them when I 3d model or what have you. Couldnt even make it through the first episode @.@
    Animations are AMAZING though sometimes.
  19. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    The animations have shown a significant improvement over last season so expect some prettier AMV's
    Laurayne likes this.
  20. Laurayne

Local Time:
    [​IMG]

YES! I Have Just Watched Episode 1 Of Volume 2 For RWBY, And I Must Say...
    I Am Fascinated!
    I Am Blown Away!
    I Am Awed!
    I Am... Hungry!

RWBY Vol2 Trailer

Kicking Off A New Batch Of Episodes, RWBY Returns With Volume 2, Featuring Higher Quality Animation, More New Characters, More Fun, More Awesome!

Now, I've Heard Quite A Few People Who Have Seen Volume 1 Complain About The Minimalist Style Used For The Art And Scenery Of The Show, And I Have To Reluctantly Agree That For Season 1, This Was True. However, Anyone Can Also Argue That The Show More Then Makes Up For It In Other Areas, Such As Choreography, Sound Design, And Other Design Concepts. But, That Is All I Have To Say About That Right Now.

Season 2 Was Awarded For Its Success With A Fancy New Budget And Bigger Production Team, So Look Forward To Increasingly Better Quality As Time Rolls On.

Look To RoosterTeeth.com For More Info And Every Episode As It's Released.
    And, As Usual, I Will Be Posting Links To Each Episode Here As Each One Is Released To Youtube.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014