Alpha Test - 2/21/2014 - 1.7.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Siegfre, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    3:24 AM
    Closed alpha has just begun, most of you will have already received your alpha keys. If you donated for early access and have not yet received your key, please send me a message. If you would like to get access go HERE.

Capture.PNG
    This update features a change to the patching system and should allow us to create much smaller patches in the future. This is the reason why there is a separate download for this update.

unnamed.jpg

The camera system has been redone in this update, there is not longer a separate in-field and out-of-field camera system. The system is not done however and we'll be adding camera collision in a patch, as well as some minor tweaks based on user feedback and gameplay requirements.

Consumables can now be added to the hotkey bar, this is not complete and has been added to make it a bit easier to use potions in battle. As well as the ability to run and use potions.

Monster health has been reduced to a more reasonable level. This is just a stat tweak. There will be a new monster progression system added in the near future. Exceptions for a few monsters that still have weighty health bars.

Dropping and deleting now functions as intended, and other players can pick up the items you drop.

Thieves now wield both blades, and knights now utilize their shield. Changes to their and other classes play styles will be added in future patches.

Capture1.PNG

Battle music has been added when entering into an engagement with a monster. Big thanks to Kodum for the track.

Armor system has been redone and multiple pieces of armor can be equipped.

Selling is now an option at your favorite shop.

Minor snow and cloud FX have been added to snowfield. This is to test the beginnings of the weather system.

Added a few new male customization options, more outfits coming soon.

Key-mapping has been expanded and supports input from controllers.

In the next patch we will be focusing on bringing all the games fields/dungeons back into a single world-space, when that update is ready there will likely be no physical boundaries between fields until the field looping is reimplemented. Also we are going to be setting up some in-game events in the very near future so keep your eyes peeled.

We need volunteers to work with us testing issues with the Mac client, if you're interested and you have a Mac please send me a pm here on the forums.

DOWNLOAD
    (Link updated to 1.7.2)

GENERAL INFO
    Areas:
    Hidden Forbidden Holyground, Hidden Forbidden Sea of Sand, Boundless Agonizing Melody, Rejecting Forbidden Messenger, Bursting Eternal Hypha, Detestable Smiling Paradise, Soft Momentary Spiral.

To create an account, type in your username/password and click register. Once that's done click login, enter your key once and you'll be all set.

Controls: i - inventory, F1 - warp menu, F2 - Character Customization, F3 - Flash Mail, c - Character stat, e - action button, left click - attack, left ctrl - control swap, p - friends list, left click player - drop down menu, right click hold - rotate player, ctrl + left click - rotate camera around character, mousewheel - zoom in and out, hold shift - walk, esc - options.

Chat Commands
    /[name] [message] - private chat
    /world [message] - world chat
    /party [message] - party chat
    JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  2. Kyrph

Kyrph Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    This new camera control is very difficult to use and my camera keeps getting stuck.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  3. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Much of that post felt copied and pasted from the initial launch of alpha. I would have done the same thing :p.
    Kaldeon likes this.
  4. snakebyte12

snakebyte12 Senior Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    ah its appeares to be progressing very nicely. ^^ can't wait until its fully finished.
  5. SleepingWolf

SleepingWolf Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    sweet new male customizations! and dual knives and shields! When I get home I am so loggin on!!!
  6. Amorouslovers.

Amorouslovers. Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    I was totally hoping for purple hair. T.T. lol

Also, I seem to get stuck very easily with the new camera system. I honestly think it was ALOT easier using the up arrow to move and using the left and right arrows to turn the camera. I was kinda hoping the field cameras were going to be changed that way as well. o:
  7. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Maybe setting different basic control schemes? Like an option for type A that uses wasd and arrow keys for movement with mouse as camera; Type B that sets wasd as movement and arrow keys as camera control; and Type C that sets it to controller gamepad, that along with the ability to set keys would be nice
  8. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    Oh boy, weekly update dreams really do come true!
    You're so hardworking, it's ridiculous.
    Keep on rolling!
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Not only weekly updates, but hot patches too. If Siegfre can address some of the problems tonight, u could get a fix tonight. That is why we love this patcher. Hooray for the awesome patcher! And thanks to Sieg for putting all his time into this.
  10. Kaldeon

Kaldeon Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Download doesn't seem to be working. Left it alone for 5, then ten minutes. Then an hour. Not doing anything. Shutting down antiviruses and trying again.

EDIT: Still nothing with all antivirus and firewall down.
  11. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    What part isn't working? The patching?
  12. Kagu

Kagu Active Member

Local Time:
    How does the download fail? Does opening the storage file fail, or does pressing the link fail?

Edit: Ninja'ed
  13. Kaldeon

Local Time:
    I open the client, click "Download" and then nothing happens.
  14. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Shouldn't say download on the client screen (You are talking about the one with the world logo and percentage bar at the bottom?)

Should just say play
  15. Kaldeon

Local Time:
    Here's a screencap. When I click 'Download' the button disappears. And that's just it. nothing will happen.

Also, "There is update." :p

EDIT: On a side note, I'm running that screen at a sluggish 1,000 FPS. o.o;

Attached Files:

16. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    Are you using the correct client?
    this update is a new client
  17. Kaldeon

Local Time:
    Why, I'm sure I have no idea what it is that which you are speaking about! Of course I am to be having the of and intelligence. I the new client have been now and always using!

In short, I didn't realize there was a new client. :x
  18. Cerberuspaw

Local Time:
    ah figured that was probably the case. Happy to have resolved your issue
  19. Kaldeon

Local Time:
    Alright, so I downloaded the new client, ran it, nothing. Wiped all hint of The World from my computer, re-downloaded the client, downloaded 1.6.4 and 1.6.5, and when it came time for 1.7.0, nothing.

EDIT: You know, my Steam name isn't Retarded Velociraptor because it's a funny thing to think of, it is because that is my mental capacity.

When re-downloading the client from this thread, I notice that the Mac download was gone and thought "Huh. They must have updated the thread. Hopefully it'll work now." *Downloads* "Hey, now it says '[The World] Client 1.7.0'. I guess they did update the download!" *Runs installer* "No updates? Cool! They did.. Update.. The..

I was going to the wrong thread this whole time."
  20. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    I finally have a chance to download the alpha XD and now an update lol well I will make sure to post all bugs to the appropriate threads and help out in making the game progress in any and all possible ways :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.