Alpha - 2.0.7 Patchnotes

Discussion in 'Progress Updates' started by Siegfre, May 20, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:46 PM
    Well, real life can be a cruel mistress.
    SaguraKirux likes this.
  2. Oberon

Oberon Mr. Outside Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    This indeed. :/ Wouldn't be surprised if all the real life stuff caught up with them and they needed to take a hiatus.
  3. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Alpha testing, donations, and progress updates are currently suspended while we deal with an issue regarding the game.
    I know this doesn't tell any of you much, but this is the best state of affairs I can release right now.

I won't ask anyone to be patient while we're fixing this issue. Just know that we are listening to what you're all saying, and we are trying to get things back into working order as quickly as we can.

If you have anything you'd like say or ask, please redirect your feedback to this thread: http://forum.iridiumbased.com/threads/feedback.2973/

Thank you.
  4. Alron Thunderdrummer

Alron Thunderdrummer Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:46 PM
    I appreciate that there is an announcement at all. the assurence isn´t at all wrong either. that the above post exists makes me calm down to a degree, though this was a bit overdue IMO. even though more info is appreciated it feels more important to me that the devs acknowledge the problems officially and give the statement of what can and can´t be revealed, as above, instead of having us speculate blindly. this is being honest with us. thank you.
    Odd-z and archaicINF like this.
  5. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    No worries on my end. Just focus on what you guys need done.
  6. Odd-z

Odd-z Member

Local Time:
    3:46 PM
    True^
    The fact that they are still monitoring threads and planning events inspires a fair amount of faith.
    I do hope the issues are simple enough to resolve tho.
  7. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    This thread wasn't updated with the information, but a short statement was made a couple weeks ago about the issue. It was resolved, and the game is back in working order. However, you can expect a more formal statement about what's been happening behind the scenes from us soon.

Assuming you don't have a key, feel free to drop in the game and check things out tomorrow. The game is open to everyone on Fridays and Saturdays, EST.
  8. Odd-z

Odd-z Member

Local Time:
    Woo! I was afraid it wouldn't be open this weekend
  9. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    The download link may be down anywhere between 24 -48 hours due to migrating hosts. Will update when it's back up.

EDIT
    Apparently this went alot quicker than expected.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    calmchaos likes this.
  10. NubSmoo

NubSmoo Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:46 AM
    Amazing to see progress being made on this game, I'll stop by on the weekend
  11. Ovan

Ovan Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I mean this post was posted on may of 2015 so hoping some big updates are coming for 2016
    NubSmoo likes this.
  12. Cosmic Architect

Cosmic Architect Active Member Senior Member Backer

Local Time:
    Hope the next update comes out soon
    Quine likes this.
  13. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Today is the 1 year birthday of 2.0.7 patch...

Alright people, get the streamers and the cake. Time to start the party.
  14. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    Celebrate. Just because the life is so fricking short.
  15. Ovan

Local Time:
    You guys still alive?
  16. Viscro

Viscro Community Manager Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    9:46 PM
    By all appearances, yes. Siegfre would surely make an announcement if he were ending the project, so until he makes an announcement like that we have to wait for any new updates.
  17. Daikonran

Daikonran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
  18. Jollyblue

Jollyblue Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Just recalled this was a thing being worked on.. What's the staffing team looking like these days?
  19. Ovan

Local Time:
    Yeah I am still hopeful just looking for a update every now and then.
    Alron Thunderdrummer likes this.
  20. Daikonran

Daikonran Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    As dead as what appears to be any chance of the:

• 5 People who donated $15 on Indiegogo of getting "access to private game updates and detailed developer blogs."
    • 14 people who donated $50 on Indiagogo of getting "previous items + Access to hidden customization features upon character creation, and a copy of the game's soundtrack."
    • 2 people who donated $75 on Indiegogo of getting "previous items + a contributor-only outfit and a pet that will follow you everywhere! Receive the in-game title "Supporter of the Realm""
    • 10 people who donated $100 on Indiegogo of getting "previous items + Print outs of concept art, posters, and an increased inventory in-game. Become immortalized with your name inscribed into an in game monument. You will also be able have the ability to use a special Beast race."

Speaking of things that are missing, where is the Open Source? The Indiegogo page specifically says this is going to be an open source MMORPG, so if the developers are just going to disappear into thin air, the least they can do is release what they've done thus far as open source.

"Working on creating an MMO has been a long and difficult journey. At the time of its inception, when The World was only a dream - we had no idea that this game would require so much from us, and, while we have enjoyed the journey so far, we would like to make the path easier to travel for teams in the future -- since very few solutions exist for gamers and indie developers looking to achieve their dreams of creating an mmo aside from dedicating their entire lives to a project. We hope to help fill this void by offering our game's code as an Open Source Project to the developer community; along with examples and documentation, we hope that gamers and developers alike can spend less time worrying about code and spend more time creating their dream worlds."

Let's also not forget the stretch goals that were met and appear to be nowhere near being delivered:

1. Stretch Goal - $9,000: Emotiv functioning with [TheWorld]. Emotiv will give players the option of controlling their character, and interacting with the environment entirely with their mind. We believe adding this technology will allow players to experience interaction in a whole new way. [Emotiv integration will be done when the new SDK releases in 2014 if stretch goal is met.]
    2. Stretch Goal - $12,000: Oculus Rift functioning with [TheWorld]. Reaching this goal will allow us to put resources towards integrating [TheWorld] with the amazing Oculus Rift, which will provide players with a 3D environment that they can view naturally.
    3. Stretch Goal - $16,000: The exclusive sword "Tyrfing" will be given to everyone who donated up until this point. This sword reaches it's full potential when blessed by the God Titan, rippling the earth and air with it's astonishing power. Titan has promised this sword to all those destined to follow his path, and alter the very foundation of TheWorld.
    4. Stretch Goal - $18,000: The exclusive armor set "Loricatus Garbh, Fianna" will be given to everyone who donated up until this point. The presence of ancient warriors can be felt by all those who don this set. This set has symbolized loyalty, strength, and power since the time of the elves. Even the wretched creations of Luna are obliged to recognize it's overwhelming presence.
    5. Stretch Goal - $20,000: Summon the creatures of the "Aos Si", the beings that live beyond the barriers and gates, the formless shadows of those who've died across the ages. A special skill set will be added to the game that will allow players to summon these entities. Those that venture into the depths of TheWorld will find the beings of the Aos Si, their sorrow, their pain, and their desire for revenge will manifest itself in a physical form for those who recognize their burden.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset about this, because I could see the red flags back in 2013 when I left the community after the initial kickstarter launched, when the project went from being a fan based game to a for profit project. I just feel like this is an example of exactly what is wrong with crowdfunding games: making big promises, failing to deliver, and then ghosting. It makes people a lot more hesitant to donate to other projects in the future. Even though I left the community, I kept peeping in from time to time in hopes of progress and the hope of getting to try out the finished result.

I hope the developers see this and respond to it honestly. By no means am I wishing ill on the project, it would be great if they responded "You've got it all wrong, here is all the progress we've been making and here is a time frame of when we will deliver the rest".
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    AzureKite likes this.