Alpha - 1.9.8 Bug reports

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 1UP, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:02 AM
    Some things I came across:

If you jump from a height you can get stuck. I found sometimes just letting go of spacebar will just drop you but in some other cases I had to relog in order to be placed somewhere else.

2. Gwidhw

Gwidhw Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    9:02 PM
    I'm still bothered that, as a level 1, in the level 1 stage, it takes multiple re-entries to said level just to get a kill...

Bug: ^Pertaining to this. I finally got a kill in "...Sea of Sand", against a coin, and the images (windowed) flung sideways in the window itself, and then centred again. The Coin stayed suspended for a few seconds, and I didn't get any exp for the kill...

I don't know about higher levels, but it's very trying when you can't level up as a level 1 :/
    And being stuck on level 1 I can't properly check out higher level areas without getting killed >.<

Loving the look of the combat, though :)

Bug: If you hit "ESC" while in a menu, it doesn't exit the menu or anything, but rather opens the "ESC" menu behind the menu already opened.
  3. TokioKuryuu

TokioKuryuu Allgegenwärtige Katze Senior Member

Local Time:
    [Linux] Some bugs/glitches I found, not sure if there are more. First, the character customization window is good but when you closes it the character is still on the screen until you re-open it and close it again. Second, the guild window can't be closed. There are no X. Or I can't close it using ESC. Third, the hands are not showing. Fourth, some clothes are not displaying right.

EDIT: The feet also aren't displaying right. But when restarted the game, both hands and feet displayed. However when changing boots or gloves, either one will be gone.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  4. Alron Thunderdrummer

Alron Thunderdrummer Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:02 AM
    while alone on the server, I can chat no problem, but once there are other people, I can´t post my messages. I can write them but not post them. edit: strange, had trouble with this last time but this time I could post messages even when Stalwart was online. maybe cause he was in a different field?
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  5. kite000

kite000 Active Member

Local Time:
    BUG 1 EDIT no xp after i killed an enemy before the kill Screenshot8.png and after the kill Screenshot9.png i thank i still gained the exp just dosnt show it in exp bar idk why if anyone wants to fill me in btw i just gained level 2 that is why i say i still gained it im doing testing on this idea.
    BUG 2 magic didn't recover even after going back to root town had to log out and back in
    BUG 3 GP went back to 0 when i logged in Screenshot10.png
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  6. Raziel

Raziel Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Yay, now that it's Friday I can bug test again! :D
    • I too am having issues with typing in chat. I had typed out a couple of sentences, then I had tabbed away (I'd done this a couple times in between text entries) and came back and my messages wouldn't send. They'd just sit there in the box like I hadn't tried to hit enter.
    • Combat stays around a little longer than it should, after a monster dies it's usually about 15-20 seconds before the music goes away and my MP starts regenning again. I have a feeling this is already known though...
    • On the note of the MP regen, it's not necessarily a bug but it'd really be nice if HP and MP regenned just a little bit during combat. That way new Wavemasters wouldn't have to run away to the point of not being in combat anymore, then just kiting the enemy with fireballs while having a reliable supply of MP~ I think using MP potions to cope with a lack of natural regeneration would be easier once adjustable hotkeys are a thing, but for right now it's rather difficult for casters.
    More to come later after I'm not exhausted from work~
    Alron Thunderdrummer likes this.
  7. Alron Thunderdrummer

Local Time:
    what the heck?! before, when there where a couple people online, I couldn´t equip the staff in my inventory, even though I changed to wavemaster. now when I´m alone, it works just fine. should be noted that I had no problem chatting at the above mentioned time even though there were people in the same area as myself.

also, the cursor doesn´t show up/disappear when you open/close menues anymore.
  8. Raziel

Local Time:
    I encountered this too. Just have to hit ctrl and bring it up/put it away manually for now.
  9. Alron Thunderdrummer

Local Time:
    just killed a cat bat solo in sea of sand. I´m lvl 1. no exp (because of exiting/reentering combat?). also, when bringing up the char customization screen, the character faces away from you.
  10. kite000

kite000 Active Member

Local Time:
    exp happend to me to i thank you still get the exp i just gained lvl 2 it didnt show my exp i made a forum post bout it in the message bored if you wish to read it im testing it.
  11. Raziel

Local Time:
    Good morning friends!
    • The EXP bug doesn't seem to be for players of higher levels. My Wavemaster's level 3 and I saw her gain experience after killing a monster (one of the coin swarms in Sea of Sand). More testing on this to come.
    • Game froze while trying to log out (not exit) near the spawning area in Sea of Sand. Combat music was going on, so I guess I technically tried to log out while in combat.
    • It still feels like the monsters in Sea of Sand hit level 1 characters really hard. I made a new character to test out the claims of EXP gains not showing for myself, and I can still only get one or two hits off before I die. This is extraordinarily annoying, especially when another player comes along and finishes off the monster I'd been working on killing so my deaths were all for naught.
    • The monsters still don't despawn after the character dies, so it gets to the point where the mobs just camp the spawn point and kill the player as soon as they enter the field.
    • Transitions between combat music and regular background music (in Sea of Sand anyway) end in the monster's death cry when you're running away from them. It seems like another cry's mixed in there too.

I had to stop there for now, this really annoying player kept killing me with fireballs and killing the monsters I had been working on, so I just couldn't get much done.
  12. Raziel

Local Time:
    Now, after that good bit of pkking, back to some testing!
    • It doesn't seem like the Log Out button on the Esc menu works. It just makes the game freeze. The background music still plays, but you can't bring up any other menus or move your character around or anything.
    • Hitboxes on monsters are rather, well, hit and miss. I've found I have to be pretty much standing inside an enemy to be hitting it with a melee character, and even then, it's only after two or three swings that I'm able to start getting damage off. At level 1, you're pretty much dead by then.
    • Update on the EXP tracking bug: after managing to kill three monsters, my level 1 Knight still hasn't leveled up. I'm pretty sure my Wavemaster had leveled up by then. So this is a little difficult to tell if they're getting experience at all, or if I'm juuuuuust below that level threshold (which is likely the case).
  13. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    earlier if you died your meter for health magic and exp would stop moving, so if you died once you won't see any movement and you won't see health or magic drop either but you should still get the exp so log out, back in to make sure you actually get some
    Alron Thunderdrummer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.