Alpha - 1.9.7 Patchnotes

Discussion in 'Progress Updates' started by Siegfre, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    UPDATE NEWS
    This update is a continuation of the previous bug fix update. With a few small convenience changes.

NEW CONTENT
    A new HUD has been added that will list all of the all of the players currently online.
    Screenshot0.png
    UI Scaling is fully functioning. The UI should scale to almost all screen resolutions without issue.

If you find any glitches related to the screen resolution please post a bug report with the specific resolution and a picture of the glitch.

MINOR CHANGES & FIXES
    -The time of day now will synchronize the time with everyone that is online.

-Death on dungeon entrance issue is fixed. (Although your character may not be facing the correct direction once they have entered)

-Got rid of all the keywords that did not correspond to actual in-game fields. So that the keyword list is easier to navigate.

-Fixed issue with the player being unable to warp when falling through the map.

-Player should no longer fall through the map in "Boundless Agonizing Melody"

-Monster hit-boxes have been altered so that they react more appropriately to player attacks. This applies to monster's that had issues being hit before.

-Inventory tool-tip displays more relevant information to the user. With the class, required level, and physical attack/defense being displayed on the tool-tip.

-The player's armor shader now matches the hair and body. This is temporary, ultimately we plan on having a better toon-shader that factors in the shadows, lighting, and ambient light but it's still being polished up.

-Player position and rotation synchronizes better between the clients. Fixes issues where the incorrect rotation was displayed, and players showing up in the wrong field.

-Sliding while attacking does not occur unless the player is within a specific range of their target.

-Spawn gates disappear over the network once a player has triggered them. This should eliminate situations where a gate still appears even though a monster has already spawned from it on another player's client.

-Walking at a diagonal blends the strafe and walk animation together.

-The warp menu keywords loop back around once you reach the end of the list. Making it much easier to navigate the menu.

-All shops automatically switch back to "Buy" mode once they are closed.

-The inventory accurately displays the items in the inventory, with deletion that functions properly on ALL items, and shop purchases reflected accurately in the player's inventory.

-The cancel and delete button in the inventory disappears properly when canceling or closing the menu.

-Fixes to remaining texture glitches in Aqua Polis.

-Customization window closes properly, does not require multiple presses to get rid of the window.

-Screenshots no longer overwrite one another, they will continue in the format "Screenshot1", "Screenshot2", etc.. until they are removed.

-"Hidden Forbidden Holyground" barriers have been improved to make it a bit harder for people to slip through and underneath the building.

-Jump animation plays when jumping while strafing.

-Tool-tips for magic should now disappear properly when the player is not hovering over them.

-Lock-on no longer tries to target dead enemies.

(If the patcher does not work for you, then please use the download below)
    DOWNLOAD (WINDOWS)
    DOWNLOAD (MAC)
    KNOWN ISSUES
    1. The new UI needs to be made compatible with the Oculus Rift mode. This is coming soon.
    2. UI Buttons are all square, the UI is going to be tweaked in the near future to fit our hexagon theme.
    3. Some elements still need to be converted to the new UI scheme.
    4. Aqua Polis trees need to be tweaked, the sway is a bit off the branches and the leaf shading is a bit too vibrant.
    5. When equipping a piece of armor or weapon, the inventory slot is still filled in despite the item not showing up in the inventory.
    6. Trading does not function correctly at all.
    7. EXP distribution decreases far too steeply between levels.
    8. Camera collision issues.
    9. Partying not functioning correctly with the new UI.
    10. Fullscreen flickering on client startup.
    11. Monster health bar is sometimes not positioned properly above the monster's head.
    12. Icons cannot be allocated to the skill bar.
    13. You can get stuck inside of monsters.
    14. Sometimes monster's disappear when someone logs off.
    15. The player does a full-rotation when targeting an enemy, instead of smoothly turning towards it.

As always please let us know when you find issues during your testing, and thank you to everyone for helping us continue to forge this world.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    oculus, Death, karashe and 5 others like this.
  2. Nineball

Nineball Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    8:30 PM
    well, good news ,the mac download works, bad news, this is all I get on starting hte game

Attached Files:

3. Redsnow

Redsnow Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    loking sweet so far. So who wants to lemme know how the new login works now?? :x
  4. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    For anyone starting out this might help you gain some levels

Ambrose

edit: if it doesn't make sense message me or find me in game and I'll show you
  5. oculus

oculus Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:30 AM
    keep up the great work, i will donate 5 dollar soon, not much but better then nothing
  6. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Fixing to start trying it out.
  7. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Today and tomorrow would be the time to do it. It's free to anyone to log in and test it.

OPEN TESTING FRI/SAT, WOOT! I mean, if you're into that sort of thing...
    azuretre likes this.
  8. 1UP

1UP Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    One day I will be able to play this game again.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    You still can't login?
  10. 1UP

Local Time:
  11. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Have you tried other computers or tried making a new account. I just want to maybe help narrow down where the issue is if I can. If u have any ideas or suggestions to the issue, please post them or message Siegfre. I want to get you back in the world asap.
  12. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    I added a bit more detail in the necessary areas to the output log in this version. @1UP Could you try logging in on the latest version and [send me/post a copy] of the output log?

We should at least be able to further narrow down the cause of the issue.
  13. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:30 PM
    So many bugs fixed... *¬* well... i don't know what to say here... i'l try to find some bugs...
  14. Arashi Yasha

Arashi Yasha Member

Local Time:
    Hey guys. I downloaded this version for mac, but it shows the "loading screen" yet nothing ever loads, nor can I attempt to sign in.
  15. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    I'll see if I can find the issue with the Mac version. If so, I'll re-upload and post my results here.
  16. 1UP

Local Time:
    I would get the same error no matter what. In a sense I am on a "new" pc. I've done like 2 reinstalls of the os since then.

http://1upsdevelopment.com/work/output_log 2014-08-03.txt
  17. Scipio

Scipio Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Wow so Friday was my first time being able to play the game in almost a two years and I was amazed with the progress and how much has been done. It has been hard to just watch people post about all the fun. I am running the world on my Imac and kept having a lot of issues with ui scrolling and randomly after customizing my character a full size side view of my camera would refrain from leaving my screen so I could see two of me at all times. Also some weird times where I would get shot into first person and it would lock until I opened up the menu then it would go away.
    Also when zooming in to a first person view does anyone find it strange that the camera angle is basically a view from hips. Just wondering if this would be fixed and the first person view would be at the same height as the head.

Looks great!
  18. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    If u wouldn't mind, could you start a thread in the bugs section labeled with the current test version and mac test. Then post all the bugs you find there please.

And I'm so glad u could finally get in to play.
  19. Nineball

Nineball Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Finally on my windows now, but whenever I log in i get "Bad login credentials" , I know the pass and login are right, i just logged into the forum using the exact same pass/username. I'm sorry for all the problems lately
  20. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    The game doesnt use the same account that you set up on the forum. You need to register a new account.
    Nineball likes this.