Alpha - 1.9.5 Patchnotes

Discussion in 'Progress Updates' started by Siegfre, Jul 10, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    1:25 AM
    UPDATE NEWS
    Lots of changes this update so thorough testing and reporting is necessary to find and fix issues.

COMBAT
    Additional balancing tweaks to the monsters, they should be a bit easier to manage. Additionally we will be working to convert them to collision based attacks in the upcoming update.

NEW CONTENT
    Aqua Polis has been recreated and restructured to better fit the original concept we had in mind. This includes new multi-tiered platforms for future gondola access, bridges and ramps between platforms, music, and light posts. In addition a new night-day cycle has been added to the town as well, with the lamps activating at night.
    Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG
    While not finished it more accurately reflects the final result. Coming soon, docks and seamless interiors. As well as performance tweaks so that we can get all of these awesome features running on as many computers as possible.

New NPC's, with a few custom names thanks to forum members. The lamps and bridge textures are temporary, Apeiron is cooking up some awesome new textures for us here soon.​
    Capture17.PNG Capture18.PNG Capture19.PNG
    Oculus Rift first person toggle has been added in the option menu.
    Capture15.PNG Capture14.PNG
    To activate the Oculus mode you'll need to login -> press esc -> game settings -> Oculus Toggle. Once you close out of that menu, just scroll all the way in and it should activate.
    New UI elements have been added to the game to replace some of the existing UI. The replaced elements include: shop UI, stats UI, inventory UI, hotkey UI, exp UI, chat UI, settings UI, and equipment UI. We will be tweaking and replacing the remaining UI in future updates. (in addition to providing alternate UI skins and options to choose from)
    Capture12.PNG Capture13.PNG Capture16.PNG Capture11.PNG
    You can now mass delete items from your inventory by right click on the items before pressing delete.

Inventory capacity has been bumped up to 30 from the original 10.

New camera collision, this is a first pass so it may be a bit clunky for the moment. This will be seeing a ton of improvement in upcoming updates.

Minor Changes & Fixes
    Negative Hp attacks glitch, damage can no longer go into the negative.
    Fixed issue with the doors in Holyground turning the player towards the wrong direction.
    An additional white hair color option.
    More improvements to how account data is saved and loaded. Should make saving items, gold, and levels even more stable.

(If the patcher does not work for you, then please use the download below)
    DOWNLOAD
    MAC DOWNLOAD
    Known Issues
    -The new UI needs to be made compatible with the Oculus Rift mode. This is coming soon.
    -UI Buttons are all square, the UI is going to be tweaked in the near future to fit our hexagon theme.
    -Some elements still need to be converted to the new UI scheme.
    -Aqua Polis trees need to be tweaked, the sway is a bit off the branches and the leaf shading is a bit too vibrant.
    -The character creation window does not fully close when you press submit. You have to press F2 twice afterwards to fully close it.
    -New UI does not automatically scale up. (800x600 is the default UI scale atm)
    -Oculus Rift movement input is not setup yet, so mouse control will likely be necessary until the next update.
    -When equipping a piece of armor or weapon, the inventory slot is still filled in despite the item not showing up in the inventory.
    -Some items don't have icons, this will stay this way until we change the slots to the hexagon shape.

As always please let us know when you find issues during your testing, and thank you to everyone for helping us continue to forge this world.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    Luthor, Cerberuspaw and karashe like this.
  2. Apeiron

Apeiron Dev Team Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:25 AM
    Holy crap this looks awesome. I would be on right now if it weren't 1:30 in the morning >.<
    Gwidhw likes this.
  3. Gwidhw

Gwidhw Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    It's only 10:38 for me! :D
  4. Apeiron

Apeiron Dev Team Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:25 AM
    Lucky bastard ;o
  5. Zeke

Zeke Active Member Backer

Local Time:
    Can't wait to see full Oculus Rift support! Glad to see this progress.
  6. Xarandele

Xarandele Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    It keeps telling me the download link can't be found, the patcher still doesn't work for me.
  7. karashe

karashe Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    3:25 AM
    You can't get the download from the link?
  8. Xarandele

Local Time:
    Correct, Neither the one in this thread or the one on the home page, Firefox, and Chrome both say it's unfindable.

Edit: According to diagnostics, it's saying that a DNS server failure is happening with the URL for the download.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  9. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
  10. Xarandele

Local Time:
    Yessir, Thank you.
  11. Stalwart_as_the_Mount

Stalwart_as_the_Mount Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
  12. Saika

Saika Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    The new NPC's looking awesome and the new UI is great too but I'am not realy sure about the new style of aqua polis. ._. (Yeah I know its not final)
  13. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Its good to see the game steadily progressing. Keep up the good work
  14. Nineball

Nineball Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I'll be sure to try it once the mac versions up, That or when I'm back on my windows in a month
  15. Zdragow

Zdragow Well-Known Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Yesssssssssssssss. This'll be interesting to take a look at.
  16. Reki

Reki Member

Local Time:
    I do have a question, it's just a cosmetic thing that's been bothering me. Are you guys going to add character shadows? Right now it just looks like they're all gliding through the air weird, and the speed that doesn't match the leg movements adds to the effect...
  17. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Mac download has been added.
    Nineball likes this.
  18. karashe

karashe Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    There are character shadows.
  19. Nineball

Nineball Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I hate to point it out..specially since I pretty much asked for it, but I keep getting a incomplete file error?
  20. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    When is the error coming up? We might have to re-upload the Mac version.