Alpha - 1.9.4 Patchnotes

Discussion in 'Progress Updates' started by Siegfre, Jun 14, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    2:18 PM
    GENERAL NEWS
    Setup an IndieDB page for the game. The page has a basic overview of the game/features, in the future I'll be posting up articles there that go over specific features and concepts in-depth.

We will start doing dual releases that contain full download links as well as patches. The patcher isn't fixed yet, but it works for some people and not for others. Until the issue is found I'll be including both for future updates. Also, I want to thank everyone who's been patient and participating in the internal testing of the patcher.

UPDATE NEWS
    Lots of changes this update so thorough testing and reporting is necessary to find and fix issues.

COMBAT
    Added in a new targeting mechanic. Toggle it on and off using shift, and cycle through enemies with q and e. You can still fight without targeting enemies, but this should focus the combat a bit better. More actual maneuvering, less rotating and slashing like mad to make sure you don't miss.

Started splitting up the idle and attack animations by class. While all classes still share the same standard idle animation, they all have different combat idles that activate when targeting an enemy. There's a bit of overlap at the moment but as time goes on we'll get more animations, and alter the current animations to fit better.

Enemy AI tweaks, enemies should move and react in a bit more of a believable manner. Enemy stat tweaks, enemies should be more reasonable stat wise in this update.

Bounding box adjustments have been made to some monsters to address the issue with direct attacks missing. If you see any monsters that are excessively avoiding damage despite hitting them directly please post a bug report.

General animation improvements, minor changes to most animations. Changes made with the goal of making the animations feel more connected to the surroundings.

NEW CONTENT
    Completed first shop interior. While not yet in-game, you should see it in the near future along with the interiors for the other shops and guild @homes.
    WeaponShop.PNG WeaponShop1.PNG

The first pass on the new male armor, shading, and customizations (eye color) have been added to this version. More color options for the armor coming in future updates, in addition to fixes and customizations for the female character.
    Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG
    CaptureFemale.PNG

New/Upgraded UI elements, most notably the upgraded inventory UI. This in addition to some fixes with the UI's function. The other UI will show up in upcoming updates as soon as the internal testing on them finishes. The design of the UI will likely be changed quite significantly as well in upcoming updates.
    Capture_Inventory.PNG Capture_Inventory1.PNG Capture_Inventory2.PNG Capture_Inventory3.PNG Party_Test.PNG Trade_Window_Start.PNG

New Aqua Polis models from Keramory and Apeiron.
    hEC6F4FBA_zpse30f3cae.png test_zps197917d91.png house4.PNG

Minor Changes & Fixes
    Some weapons have been scaled down to more appropriate sizes.
    Capture7.PNG Capture8.PNG
    Stability fixes for users that have been unable to get past the login screen.
    Smoother monster spawns, there should be less lag/crashes associated with monsters being killed/spawned.
    Water no longer flickers on login.
    Known Issues
    The inventory UI shows 11 slots, but in reality only 10 of them work. The final consumable slot does nothing.
    Some character customization options will leave the character with transparent bits.

More details coming in a dev blog later today. Gameplay videos will be posted once they're finished uploading.
    Interesting note: You may find monsters that can jack items in the next update.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    karashe likes this.
  2. Samuel

Samuel Active Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    10:18 PM
    Hi Siegfre, been gone a while. It's great to see this is still going strong. I'm downloading this now, and I'll see about doing another recording session. Good luck for now!
    Also, your new avatar picture scares the hell out of me. RPG Maker, am I right?
    Siegfre likes this.
  3. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    That would be great. The videos I'm uploading will just be covering a few very specific features.
    And yes, I picked it up a little while ago and had a bit too much fun with the character editor.
  4. Samuel

Samuel Active Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    10:18 PM
  5. karashe

karashe Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    So much in this update :), time to put my testing cap on and grab my note book.
  6. Zeke

Zeke Active Member Backer

Local Time:
    Nice list of updates. I was just getting curious about the lack of updates. But here we are with a large one!
  7. Zdragow

Zdragow Well-Known Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Me gusta. These updates are most pleasing indeed. Makes me wonder why I ever went inactive.

Anyways, I'm back. >: P

Crim should be pleased.
  8. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    and now i wait for friday...Time to conquer the world with my op op melee
  9. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    Added videos to original post. Dev blog will likely have to wait until later today.
  10. Death

Death Well-Known Member Indiegogo Backer Backer

Local Time:
    Fantastic work! I got giddy and actually yelped out loud in excitement. Everyone thinks I'm crazy. On another note, any chance you can keep a public ledger of previous versions available for download? I currently have a manual backup of almost every version I've played in case anything should go wrong on your end, and just for posterity's sake.
    MoogleMorphosis likes this.
  11. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Yeah, it seems like something that could be archived, for either moving backward, or looking back on. owo Still, maybe it`d be a bit handy to not have all our apples in one basket, as in within one site, because anything could happen.

Edit: Also, relating towards the first post, I`d seen the indie site now, and I`d only wonder, if with the challenge of customizing much, could stance become a later addition as to how far we could customize our folk? I`m currently not partaking in alpha or beta, but it seemed like the knees could be something people could disagree on.

I haven`t seen what someone looks like with a great sword yet, but I think the question of stance may be self-evident as to what this may lead to(I scarcely finish my sentences on seeing the opening for others' understanding; lazy, but I`m been seen as undermining for quite a bit).

RE-Edit: ^^` Also, I am taking glances at the site, but does that mean you already have emotiv/occulus support?
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  12. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    5:18 PM
    I believe they stated in one of the last few updates that they had begun steps to integrate oculus in.
    MoogleMorphosis likes this.
  13. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    There is not currently Emotiv or Occulus support, but I believe we have reached the stretch goals to afford to start working on adding them to the game. It is something we all really want, and is something everyone is excited for. But that site he made is like when you look at a game on Steam, it is just the description of the game and all it's features. But not all the features have been added to the test clients yet. He cant just throw everything in at once and hope it all works out. The goal is for both to be fully supported to make this as much like the VR we see in .Hack as currently possible.
  14. Keramory

Keramory Guest

Local Time:
  15. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Thank you. x3 This is great news to me. Man, it makes me realize that I have to stick to the updates, even whence I don`t play. (seeing the site, I caught a glimpse of the terms of being able to use alpha, as one that is with say everyone else, that hasn`t played. Not sure though, what is asked of me as an alpha player, if/when that happens, other than gameplay.)
  16. Reign

Reign Active Member

Local Time:
    5:18 PM
    Is there a Mac download for this patch?
  17. Death

Death Well-Known Member Indiegogo Backer Backer

Local Time: