Alpha - 1.8.6 Patchnotes

Discussion in 'Progress Updates' started by Siegfre, May 17, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Siegfre [IridiumBased] President Staff Member

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    Balance - More monster/progression balancing in this update. While the balance should be much better we will still be making more changes based on your feedback, and our own observations in the next few updates.

Oculus Progress - We finally have it so that most of the game works with the Oculus Rift. The Oculus mode won't be available in this version as there are still some more tweaks, settings, and performance issues we'd like to address. Once it does go live we'll be looking for feedback to help improve the integration of the oculus with the game.
    Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG Capture7.PNG Capture8.PNG Capture9.PNG Capture10.PNG

Player Animations - We started using a new IK system to control and manipulate the player and monster skeletons. The most apparant change is the fact that the player's feet now adjust properly to the surface they are standing on. While we had a system that was designed to do this previously, it didn't work very well and caused the female character's legs to be in a weird pose. Outside of the player's feet adjusting to any surface, this system will give us the ability to manipulate and change existing animations mid play. This will save us money, time, and allow for a larger variety of unique animations that we otherwise would not have access to on our budget.
    Capture15.PNG Capture16.PNG Capture17.PNG

New Monsters - We've started replacing some of the more old/poorly animated existing monsters with new monsters.
    Capture11.PNG Capture12.PNG Capture13.PNG Capture14.PNG

Monster AI - We've finally transitioned to a formal AI system that is state driven (scared, happy, hurt, angry, etc..). Instead of having the monster behavior hard coded, we've started using behavior trees and internal states to determine how they interact with the player and environment. This new system will give us a lot more flexibility in creating unique and interesting monsters, we will be able to make relatively small tweaks to each one that will result in entirely different personalities and interactions. This system will even allow for interesting anomalies in their combat. For this update we've only beun to scratch the surface of this system, we spent quite a bit of time getting the new monsters to work with this new system.

DOWNLOAD
    (Apologies, but once again this update requires a re-download. More details below.)

Bugfixes
    Glitched Inventory - Fixed bug that blanked out the inventory when using a consumable item.
    First Person Stuck - Fixed bug that locked the vertical and horizontal movement of the camera in first person mode. You should now be able to look around in first person mode, whether you're moving or not.

Known issues: There may still be a few monsters that need to be replaced. We replaced hundreds of monsters in game for this update, we'll do a check and fix any leftovers in the next update.

What's up with the patcher? - As many of you probably know, we've been working on fixes for the patcher for some time now. We've been making changes nearly every update. Unfortunately the patcher can't patch itself, so until we've 100% nailed down all the issues we'd like to address, we'll have to do manual downloads.
    Gwidhw, oculus, Ryuk and 2 others like this.
  2. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    What happened with 1.8.4 and 1.8.5? I am super psyched with new tweaks but I often wonder what happened during the missing numbers.
  3. karashe

karashe Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Got in the game and I saw this

[​IMG]

So much happiness flowing right now.

4. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    When there are missing numbers that generally means that those builds were created but, had some issue that kept them from being released, or they were created and deemed not to have enough content to justify a public release.
  5. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    That makes sense. Still, could you not just use missing numbers for the successful versions, or does the coding somehow prevent that?
  6. karashe

Local Time:
    After playing with the newest patch

With the fix of the stats (hp and other stuffs), I would like to talk about a few areas.
    1. stats
    Now that the stats are fixed which is amazing cause the hp was so low before and now you can start taking hits from mobs, but I noticed that the attack values are way to high for your level. ex: level 12 should not be hitting around 4k damage to a mob

(atm this is over killing the mobs even the boss in the dungeon).

2. regeneration

I noticed that the regeneration of hp and sp is making potions and healing spells basically worthless and regenerating in combat feels like you are immortal.

3. magic
    atm there is nothing stopping a level 1 wave master from going to a level 20 field and grinding very easily.
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  7. vivins

vivins Member

Local Time:
    i am so excited about this!!
  8. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    The version numbers are used for patching, so once the client is built that's it's number. We keep the unreleased versions for reference and in case we need to revert for some reason.

It's intended that once the patcher is working though that none of the versions will be skipped, so this is more of a temporary side effect then a permanent issue. For the time being please bear with us, it'll save us a bit of extra work.
  9. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:

1. What's your class/field you're testing in?

2. I'll see if we can do a quick fix for that.

3. Wavemaster's are going to get their own separate balancing patch outside of the general balancing. As their mechanics and spells require changes separate from the rest of the classes.
  10. karashe

Local Time:
    1. Wavemaster and the field is any (tested in almost all the fields and the results are the same).

2. thx

3. thank you for that information

edit

also will melee classes get a fix to their hit % to mobs? (main reason why I never use melee classes is because they never hit)
  11. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    What level are you? I may have set a particular parameter way too high.
  12. karashe

Local Time:
    I was level 11 at that time but now I am level 2 due to a crash while beating the dungeon boss.
  13. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    The goal here was to find a progression that was OK. Now I'm going to tweak the monsters to be more able to fight. It's way less of a pain that way.
  14. Zeke

Zeke Active Member Backer

Local Time:
    I'll be lurking for when you need feedback on the Oculus Rift. I've got my devkit right next to me so I can help with that. I also have devkit2 on the way, so that'll be here in the next 2-3 months, I believe.
    oculus likes this.
  15. Bison

Bison Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:23 AM
    did you fix people cheating their stats yet
  16. Siegfre
    • Staff / Administrator

Local Time:
    No, and that won't disappear in it's entirety until we're out of alpha and using a non cloud based server. We can make it hard for people to cheat now but I'd rather not, it'd be wasted effort until the stat values are out of the clients hands.
  17. oculus

oculus Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    nice i love updates

i cant wait to play as a blademaster or berserker

but i have a question, do you guys already decided what the combat lvl cap will be? ( i hope its unlimited XD)
  18. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Cool, new mobs. No more of those skinny skull crotch people that walk with the speed of Kenyans.
  19. Nineball

Nineball Active Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    I reeeeally like the monster designs, theres a good balance of cartoony and goofy, and serious and badass.