Age Chart

Discussion in 'Neko's Tavern' started by calmchaos, Sep 27, 2013.

?

Which age group do you fall into?

1. 13*-15

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. 16-17

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. 18-20

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  4. 21-24

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  5. 25-28

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. 29-33

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. 34-38

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 39+

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:53 PM
    I just want to get a feel for the age groups in our community. I would also like to see a comparison between males and females, but I think it'd just be best if the females would reply saying that they are female. If no one says that they are female, then I will simply assume that all the answers to the poll question have come from guys. Just warning 'ya, girls.

Feel free to post your exact age and gender, if you so wish to do so. Votes are anomynous, so, if you do not wish others to know your age, it is perfectly ok to respond without others finding out what you selected.

*If you are below 13, select this answer. It is illegal to ask someone below the age of 13 for personal info, so it's ok to lie. (Only in this situation will I condone a lie.)

17, Male
    (I shall turn 18 on Jan. 3)

-------------------------------------------------------​

[​IMG]
    (You've found a clue!)​
    Krescent likes this.
  2. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    10:53 AM
    I didn't vote because I turn 29 on October 22 (my profile states both my age and birth date)

I could just vote 29 now though, but it'd be a lie...
    MoogleMorphosis likes this.
  3. calmchaos

Local Time:
    You like to make people work, don't you?
    You can vote in the 29 range. The ages are close enough. It will only be a lie for like half a month.
  4. Silaan

Silaan Man Behind the Mask! Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    most (active) people have their age and gender stated in their profile actually...
    also: just curious, is there a specific reason why you want to make this chart?

to answere the question:
    22, born May 18th 1991. Last time I checked I was physically male...
    Kaldeon and calmchaos like this.
  5. calmchaos

Local Time:
    I'm bored, and the more we learn about each other the closer we get. Plus, you can look in one thread just to find out what everyone's ages are around. If you notice a bunch a people in your age group, then you may be inspired to find those people and strike up a convo. That leads to a closer community which is something I promote. (My 'About Me' page explicitly states such.)
  6. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    I noticed a lot of people don't share their birth date and sometimes age in their profile. So this is a cool idea. I'll vote late October and be the only one in my age range.
  7. calmchaos

Local Time:
    That's fine, too, and you make a very valid point. This allows for the anomynous answering of the question; replying is simply optional.
  8. NCDyson

NCDyson Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    I just turned 26 this month, I voted in the appropriate age range, then felt old because I've voted the oldest so far, but then I saw that only 5 other people besides myself have put an age, so I don't feel that old, yet. Also, I'm a dude.
  9. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Like I said already. I turn 29 in less then a month. So, I would be with u in that age bracket if I wasnt waiting a month to vote correctly and be in the age bracket above you.

Old dudes rule! (cant believe I just called me old..)
    Kaldeon likes this.
  10. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:53 PM
    This will help me creep >.>
    Kaldeon, calmchaos and Silaan like this.
  11. Silaan

Silaan Man Behind the Mask! Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    just when I decided not to mention that you could like this thread because I thought that there could may be a chance you could have stopped creeping intel on people... you come and completely shatter any doubt that your still the same matti... I like that...
    also, for some reason I feel kinda middle-aged...
    Mattimao1239 likes this.
  12. calmchaos

Local Time:
    What Mattimao said using a 4Kids filter: A deep, creepy voice says, "Now I will know when everyone was born, so I can wait until the day after their birthday to say 'happy birthday.'" ~cue evil laugh~
    Kaldeon, Silaan and Mattimao1239 like this.
  13. Mattimao1239

Mattimao1239 Chicken Chaser Senior Member

Local Time:
  14. Kaldeon

Kaldeon Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Matti, that strangely fits the music I'm listen to right now..

My age is a number where if you add one, you get the day I was born, and dividing it by five gets the month.
  15. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Wow. Now that's interesting.

Only possible months: January, February, March, April, May, and June.
    (Because the days only go up to 31 and 6 x 5 = 30.)

Only possible days: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 (Only numbers 30 and below that are divisible by 5.)

Only possible birthdates: Jan. 6, Feb. 11, Mar. 16, Apr. 21, May. 26, and Jun. 31.
    (June does not work because there are not 31 days in June. I also assume that you are not 5 or 10 years old.)

Oh, I almost forgot.
    Only possible ages: 15, 20, and 25
    There isn't enough info to go any further. Unless, of course, I look at your profile, but that would be cheating.
  16. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Before going to his profile I figured it out. Like u said, only possible ages is 15, 20, or 25 (unless he was way old, and didnt vote). So I assumed 20 because I didnt think he was 25, and I thought even just that math statement means he was likely older then 15. So I simply told myself April 21st. Checked his profile and confirmed.

I think you were just making too much of it.
  17. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Let's finish your reasoning with a little statistics, shall we? (Was this not one purpose of your age chart?).

Let's consider the the age charts for 15, 20, and 25.

15 - We can see that there are no users that have reported any age between 13 and 15. I think we can rule that out.

25 - There is one person out of 13 that said they were somewhere between 25 and 28. We can't necessarily rule it out, but it's not looking good either.

20 - We can see that 6 users have reported that they were between 20 and 24. This is just under half of all users that voted.

This means that there is an 86% chance that Kaldeon is 20 years old. Pretty good case to conclude that he MUST be 20.
  18. Crim

Crim Guest

Local Time:
    Also, the one user who already messaged he voted the 25-28 range made it less likely he could be that guy.

I still think we are making too much of this. I just used simple reasoning through logic and figured it out in seconds.
  19. Aryth

Aryth Developer Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Well yeah, that's further evidence. I'm just saying that it is the proper conclusion regardless based only on the numbers and not on any extra information.
  20. calmchaos

Local Time:
    Thank you, Aryth, for using the chart. The one who made it didn't even think to check it.