a mage's best friend

Discussion in 'Weapon Creator!' started by Redfox12, Nov 2, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Redfox12

Redfox12 Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:15 AM
    while a spirit over all i drew this for a possible "spirit weapon" a loyal and friendly fox spirit that attacks by shape shifting into various weapon forms, it passively buffs it's master with SP regen haste or something amongst the lines there, in addition to it following you it can also make you transform into a fox, just something to consider.

Attached Files:

2. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:15 PM
    As for this, it reminds me a tad bit about Heavenly Sword, with it's three styles of combat. ^^ I`d originally thought it'd be nice to have either a shapeshifter class or one that could tame creatures. It seems far easier, and less difficult on the developers, if it were rather in small pieces than an entire system. Still, I hope that it could be considered in the future. .3.

I`m not sure how they would look on the idea of SP regen, though, if it were a single buff, instead of listing several, then it seems as though it could be strong in that field. But let us get back to this topic. :3 How could one wield this weapon, and what shapes would it take as a start? At first I was thinking of a familiar-type weapon, like the summoners of that FF XIV game. If it wasn`t in the spirit form at all times, then I could certainly find it as a great opening cinematic scene for the finder.
  3. Redfox12

Redfox12 Active Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:15 AM
    well it can assume three types of weapons or turn it's paws or form into the following:

1. it can change it's paws into scythes and cut at enemies, or blades and impale them.
    2. it could form into a staff and bludgeon the foe about, or into a hammer and knock the foe upward while shifting into a staff preforming a small combination attack.
    3, as for a "barrier" it could wrap his or herself around the party member and form into a barrier protecting him or her from harm for so as long as X ammount of seconds, the poor thing might tire and change back emoting a sad face if failing to protect said party member.

just an idea..
  4. MoogleMorphosis

MoogleMorphosis Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:15 PM
    I myself like the second two. I wouldn`t see why the paws would have to change, although that may be my preference from Sudeki, that it had a set of claws for this character, buki. It may remind one of vega's claws from street fighter. I`m not quite sure about how you would feel about, but I`m just having mixed feelings, because of some japanese folklore. In some part of that, there are these three scythe-tailed mice that are apparently so quick that couldn`t see them. They have sort of a three-fold combo.

I think I enjoy the thought of the combo bit. It seems to imply high jumping abilities, that may vault or some other means, to get on top of certain enemies. I`m not quite sure about how the developers would take it, although I`m sure everyone's thinking it. In //the movie, I`m sure many would recall the parts where Kite had jumped on top of some elephant-like creature, giving it a dps quality.

I like the thought also, about the barrier, though I`d hoped that there would be a type of barrier skill for the wavemasters generally. I was also trying to see about what was thought, about a layering of strength in the skills, so that it`d be held stronger, kinda like how I visualize it, more alone int the ideal, as well as one could find it in offense. Like skills that would be used only in teamwork.

2:30 to find this example.

Aaand 2:00 for this one.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Cerberuspaw likes this.