[6] So the Story Goes...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by calmchaos, May 10, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. calmchaos

calmchaos Moderator Staff Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:07 AM
    [​IMG]

In this issue, we'll be talking about the recent happenings, what's been going on behind the scenes, and there might even be a little surprise for you at the end. Gotta keep you guys entertained somehow. So, sit back, get your scroll wheel or down arrow key ready, put on some smooth jazz for a little atmosphere, and get prepared to be amazed.

You may have noticed that there was a big gap between 2.0.4 and its predecessors. Well, that time span there was spent completely reworking the game's server code. Before, we could barely handle a few players on at a time before issues came out of hiding. Now, we are ready for the storm. 2.0.4 ushered in a new World for us, and 2.0.5 took that to the next level.

If you've logged into TheWorld recently, you might have been greeted by lush, grassy fields where barren lands used to be. It blew your mind, right? It should have. Because we are now able to create grass never before seen in this lifetime... or the next. Bursting Eternal Hypha is the be all and end all of your grassy dreams. Just go see for yourself. I'd like to see any of you deny my praise.

In 2.0.5, it have also come across your attention that no longer will you be stuck in Aura's eternal light while your buddy right next to you is stuck in Luna's eternal shadow. Among many fixes, you probably appreciate this the most. Disclaimer: In no way, shape, or form does this fix extend to sitting on people's heads. If you sit on another's head, there is no telling which wraths of TheWorld you might suffer.

After 2.0.5, we had the mother of all bug fixes, 2.0.6. You can now jump higher than ever before. Wearing masks no longer takes talent. And, your weapons should be more than decoration at this point. Sadly, even with the multitude of fixes in 2.0.6, there are still more to fight. That's why we have 2.0.7 though, coming Soon™.

Next, you should probably get to know our most recent staff member. He's a pretty interesting guy, and he really knows his stuff. He enjoys long walks in the park and talking to other forum members. Meet our new Modeler and Texturer, Taylor!

Here's a small sample of the wonderful work he's been doing:
    5f06e533-3db5-4864-a71e-25df8259d484.png 95adc44c-e26f-45e1-8b32-2c51742d4319.png
    Just you wait until you see these beasts in-game. The amazement will never cease.

On a separate note, here's a little look at the concept for one of the Phases, Fury.
    720x960.jpeg
    This concept art is the beginning of one of the recent changes the team has deliberated on. Here's what Keramory has to say about it:
    "There's been a slight change to the phases. Before, the plan was for them to be robed the entire time, only ever taking their hoods off. Instead we are going to derobe all of them completely to make them more unique. This is a rough concept of Fury without the robes. As he only cares for attacking his foes and is quite cocky, he prefers to wear his fur jacket into battle. He often needs to replace his jacket after accidentally setting it on fire"​

That's all the preview you'll be getting from me. Are you ready for that present I told you about? In that case, ready your volume, because you get to hear from a very special guest tonight.

All music used was made by our composer, Kodum. We've got some talent, right?​

Questions? Comments? Please share them all below.
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    NiuWang, Steamcat, Brijesha and 6 others like this.
  2. BMRX

BMRX Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    Exciting news indeed!
  3. Jakster

Jakster Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    Whew....This game just made my computer go from "I can do this!" to "Why are you doing this?". I shall push through the graphics card eating though!!!
    calmchaos likes this.
  4. flamedog

flamedog Draeanale Senior Member Indiegogo Backer Parkour Master

Local Time:
    5:07 AM
    Just set everything to it's lowest :3!
    no pun intended ? - "ushered in a new World for us"

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ME!!! - "or form does this fix extend to sitting on people's heads. If you sit on another's head, there is no telling which wraths of TheWorld you might suffer."

Depeneding on the length at which you need editing(aka how advance it would go) either I or someone else I know can most likely help in that :3

I also heard we were to chase out the new modeler...?

IT'S NOT NIGHT TIME IT'S 9AM!
    Taylormg and calmchaos like this.
  5. Cerberuspaw

Cerberuspaw Senior Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    @Kodum ... That theme was sick! Prepare the OST for the money which shall be thrown at it.
    Steamcat and calmchaos like this.
  6. flamedog

Local Time:
    I don't just want an OST.. I want a OST on disc!

EDIT: or the OST.. I can make the disc art and case.. will be fine : 3
    calmchaos and Cerberuspaw like this.
  7. Kodum

Kodum Dev Team Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    There will definitely be a soundtrack available for the game, as it was one of the perks during the IndieGoGo campaign. I'm happy with how this piece turned out, and now that i'm done with university (as of tomorrow), I'll be writing more music. Keep your ears open for more.
    Cerberuspaw likes this.
  8. flamedog

Local Time:
    *closes ears* (some how)
  9. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Will Fury and the other Phases also have an additional less human form? I've always admired their strange design in the original games. Always chilling and a bit ancient.
    Rav likes this.
  10. RinKorinama

RinKorinama Member

Local Time:
    This sounds like awesome news... sucks you guys lost your video guy though. I'd offer to do some but if you need someone to do animations and stuff then I can't. :( I'm just a lowly editor. But good luck.
  11. RinKorinama

RinKorinama Member

Local Time:
    Oh! I almost forgot. Also welcome to the new modeler. Can't wait to see everything.
  12. flamedog

Local Time:
    No not welcome we are suppose to be chasing em out :3! ...I mean welcome them with open arms ^_^!!!
  13. RinKorinama

RinKorinama Member

Local Time:
    You're so silly. You remind me of a friend of mine. XD
  14. Keramory
    • Staff / Administrator

Keramory The World Director Staff Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    At work so I can't pull up the image at the time but...
    Most if not all phases will more or less have the GU thing going on. You start by fighting the human form and then fight them in phase form. Only difference is YOU don't get a phase form :p...making it even more fun!

Most of the phases are not as abstract as the .hack games (random odd shapes for example). They're...for a simple term...darker then you'd expect. Each design though has their persona in mind though, which should be a hint on how to deal with them.
    Bambi likes this.
  15. RinKorinama

RinKorinama Member

Local Time:
    This sounds like they'd be fun to draw!
  16. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    No random odd shapes? I'm a bit wary of proceeding in this direction.
    Bambi likes this.
  17. flamedog

Local Time:
    Don't worry everything will be a hexagon :3
    Cerberuspaw and Lunex like this.
  18. Keramory
    • Staff / Administrator

Keramory The World Director Staff Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Old design of Fury's transformation:

I do plan to make it (all of them) slightly more abstract when I can. The only two off the top of my head I want somewhat humanoid is Lust and Apathy. For fury I do plan to keep the basic shape (mounted monster with two swords)...but we will make the "horse" hopefully more unique of a monster followed by a more unique look to "fury" on top. I'm still half and half with him having a helm or long hair made of flames.

Attached Files:

• 2-14.png
      2-14.png
      File size:
      325.6 KB
      Views:
  19. Quine

Quine Well-Known Member Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:07 AM
    hey, Just for fun [And to improve at drawing.] Can i try to draw the Fury phase? It looks like a Challenge to me.
  20. Lunex

Lunex Bloody Lunatic... Senior Member Indiegogo Backer

Local Time:
    Why not both? He could lose his helm during the battle at some point.