Comments on Profile Post by kungfuboom

1. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    You wouldn't, by any chance, happen to be a theater kid, would you?

If you haven't read Othello, I suggest that.
    Mar 21, 2014
  2. kungfuboom
    kungfuboom
    well I never acted in a play but I love literature, poetry and sometime acting out the parts I read in books...alone....with the door closed.( you should see me read The Princess Bride I really get into it) I really love Shakespeare, Midsummer nights dream and tempest were my entry point. I have yet to read Othello but I guess now is as good a time as any.
    Mar 21, 2014
  3. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    Honestly, that sounds so cool. Being a boring person, I've never entertained that idea. It reminds me of something my English teacher from last year said. "Plays are meant to be spoken, not read."
    We always spoke the plays aloud when reading them in class.
    Mar 21, 2014
  4. kungfuboom
    kungfuboom
    Ha I did the same thing in middle school, It became a habit.One time in school we had to get into groups and read excerpts then discuss. well when It was my turn to read I guess I read with such passion everyone in class stoped to listen to me, it was quit embarrassing but flattering all the same. I do enjoy my silent reading but some books are meant to be read out loud, the words beckon to me.
    Mar 21, 2014
  5. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    Wow. Something somewhat similar happened to me, but it was because of how I changed my voice rather than passion. I was given two characters to speak for, so I decided I needed to change my voice for the second character. My classmates so enjoyed it. I believe we were reading "The Importance of Being Earnest."
    Mar 21, 2014
  6. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    Maybe you have a voice of gold or something?
    Mar 21, 2014
  7. kungfuboom
    kungfuboom
    See reading out loud is fun although I don't think I have ever read that one, I think I was reading Jane Eyre at the time. honestly while not a bad book I wish we could decide what books we could read in class. Where are the Treasure island, Lovecraft, Jurassic park and even 1984 would have been more interesting.
    Mar 21, 2014
  8. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    Everyone keeps speaking so highly of 1984. Is it really that good of a book? I haven't read it, although I think it's on the list for my UIL contest.
    Mar 21, 2014
  9. kungfuboom
    kungfuboom
    Think of everything that a Utopia stands for right now, well 1984 is the complete opposite its a very chilling but sometimes heavy handed book at times. I like it but at the same time I know its hit or miss with a lot of people.
    Mar 21, 2014
  10. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    It sounds like a nice twist on the dystopian genre. Now I just to find a copy somewhere...
    Mar 21, 2014
  11. kungfuboom
    kungfuboom
    its an old book shouldn't be that hard to track down a reprint, if there is any type of books genres that you may particularly like I might be able to give you some recommendations. I am more fond of the adventure/fantasy genre also a lot of fairy tales interest me. The Book of lost things is a great mix of all three.
    Mar 21, 2014
  12. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    Adventure, steam punk, fantasy, dystopian... and action
    So long as the book is good, the genre is irrelevant to me.
    Mar 21, 2014
  13. kungfuboom
    kungfuboom
    Oh gosh while I am enjoying our conversation immensely, I really love finding people with an interesting in literature, I must be off to the land of dreams. I would be delighted to converse with you again, so until then adieu to you.
    Mar 21, 2014
  14. calmchaos
    calmchaos
    Sleep should always be prioritized, so sleep to your content.
    Mar 21, 2014
  • Facebook